Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 AM
excanuck excanuck is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
Default Total newbie

Hey all
I wanna know about sites like pokerdb.com and officialpokerrankings.com. How do they work? and how easy is it to write programs that will create those large databases. I have no programming experience, so I'm pretty much asking how much would it cost to create a site like that from scratch.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 628
Default

I don't think anyone can give you a good price tag on those. I'm sure there was quite a bit of programming that went into it. If they let you know how it worked, they would be giving out trade secrets that they worked very hard at developing. It's like asking Coca Cola what they use in their drink recipe.

If you have an idea, you will have to consult a good programmer and see how much your idea may cost.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 PM
excanuck excanuck is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
Default

I know the guy that created the pokerdb posts on 2+2, I remember him saying something about it, so I don't think its a big secret (I can't find it again b/c their search function sucks hard)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
total newbie thr333s New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 7 08-14-2007 04:40 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
How Many Total Players Per Month? Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 06-25-2006 09:27 PM
Total newbie mattc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2005 10:11 AM
Newbie News adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 04-06-2005 11:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0