Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2007, 04:47 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 704
Default Its been 2 months+..Review Plz

Hello all, its time for a review...I have been working on this site for a couple months now and would love to get some opinions. I still have some things to add/fix but they are not many (that I know of). I'm hoping to make a list of all the things I need to change/fix so I can tackle one thing at a time instead of just randomly fixing this and forgeting to fix that. All input is appreciated! Thanks!

My pride and joy = http://www.OmahaHustler.com
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2007, 05:11 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
Default

Didnt you sell omahahustler.com??

Anyways, I think the page looks really great! I can see that you've worked hard with it.

You have serif fonts at some words/pages. I think you should change those to sans serif fonts instead like the rest of the page.

Keep up that good work!
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 AM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 280
Default

Had a little browse through, and its looking pretty good.

Like bahh said, make sure all the fonts are the same, I came across a few pages where the fonts were different to the majority of pages on your site.

I would also use static banners on the front page in the 'best sites' area, looks a little too flashy with too much going on having 4 animated banners down there. See if you can get a static banner for each room with just their logo on it, should look a lot better like that.

Your 'omaha poker sites' page has rankings like #1 #1 #1 #2 #2 #2 at the moment. Its probably something that you have just forgot to finish, but just adding a little reminder for you.

On your room review pages, see if you can get icons designed for the 'visit site' and 'direct download' text at the bottom. They should be pretty cheap and will make the page look better in my opinion.

You could also try and interlink the article pages through the text. For example if you have an article discussing 'omaha odds', you could link to that from other articles that have brief discussions of 'omaha odds' or have that text somewhere in the article. You don't have to actively link each article to one another, but if something like that pops up, its worth throwing the link in.

These are just a few little things, but overall everything seems great. Make sure you keep adding content and keep a good structure within the site and you should definitely be onto a winner.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
Default

Also one more thing. You should change your aff links to 301-redirects instead. Google doesnt like affiliate links.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2007, 11:43 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 704
Default

Thanks alot guys...when I get home tonight I have a bunch of work to do. I've been thinking that I should do something with all the aff links...I was thinking about adding a no follow tag to them...will that be just as effective as a 301?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2007, 06:59 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
Default

Ive heard that a 301 is the way to do it. Dont know why but I would go for the 301..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
Thanks alot guys...when I get home tonight I have a bunch of work to do. I've been thinking that I should do something with all the aff links...I was thinking about adding a no follow tag to them...will that be just as effective as a 301?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:33 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 704
Default

Thanks alot...thats tonight's project...i changed the fonts....better now? Thanks
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
Default

There serif fonts still are there at the main page. "visit nuts poker" is some kind of serif font.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2007, 03:52 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 280
Default

Yeah, you still have a number of pages that have little bits of font that look out of place. Such as at the bottom of room review pages and on pages with numbered navigation at the bottom.

e.g
page 1 2 3

Just have a good look at each page and you will find them. When adding text in future, make sure you check to make sure the font matches the rest of the font on the page so everything flows and does not look out of place.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
stiankr's Avatar
stiankr stiankr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 76
Default

Nice layout. Keep up the good work.

BTW what is 301? Never heard of it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review my Review Page Please SmackDog New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 07-06-2007 09:14 AM
Advertising Available on www.smackdogpoker.com SmackDog Buy & Sell Advertising 0 05-24-2007 01:50 PM
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 03:11 AM
Quick Advertising Sale Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 12-05-2006 10:02 PM
I will buy text links for 6 months hoursurfing The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-01-2006 01:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0