Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-05-2007, 10:34 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Stats Questions

I have posted before about google analytics not being accurate and I have reinserted my code a dozen times. Finally I had just about given up till talking with a couple other members who belive the same issue is present. I was estimating my traffic with Hittail although I know this an not possibly be fool proof either.

I signed up with my hosting company (GoDaddy) for their traffic analyzer. I just signed in to tak a look although I only set it up yesterday (Slight OCD with stats)

Anyway here is what it is showing

Last 7 Days: Visitors:890
Unique visitors:568
Page views:1,547
Total hits:8,677



So my question here is can this be accurate? Being that it is the hosting company who would have this info anyway would this be an accurate analysis to date....or just their way of estimation even though it says last 7 days.

Thanks
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Jordan's Avatar
Jordan Jordan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 129
Send a message via MSN to Jordan
Default

I dont know which is the BEST out there, but iver heard good things about this site:

xxhttp://www.haveamint.com/

This costs $30 per site though, however if it is the best out there, its probably worth it

I dont actually use this myself so i cant say im speaking from experience but like i say, ive heard a lot of good things about it.

EDIT: im just looking at the features this thing has on the Demo and it looks awesome... might be worth the $30 after all
__________________
Fuzion Poker | Poker Forum | Poker Articles | Poker Room Reviews


Last edited by Jordan : 08-05-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2007, 01:30 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

My stats are accurate. Shows how unreliable the google stats are. Thanks for the tip Jord but I am going to stick with this one it has an abundance of info.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 AM
mftpg mftpg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budapest, An Englishman Abroad
Posts: 91
Default

Fast becoming my favourite PAWer Kaus - each time I read your posts it gets me thinking!!

After reading this one I just did a quick 'snapshot' of www.sitandgoplanet.com for a few days at the end of last month...

July 29th - Google Analytics - 98 Visits - Hosting Co Stats (1&1) 179 visits
July 30th - Google Analytics - 138 - 1&1 - 329
July 31st - Google 177 - 1&1 - 347

Thats one big difference and to be honest I have no idea which one is correct!! Thinking that Google is bad here (the analytics hits never show as many as my affiliate trackers by a long way). Then again 1&1 might be too high... hmm.

Time to look into the subject a little further!

Cheers, Mark
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 AM
mftpg mftpg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budapest, An Englishman Abroad
Posts: 91
Default

Looked into this a little... and having some serious doubts about the Google Analytics now. A couple of pieces of evidence

- Yesterday someone linked to an article on 2+2 STT forum which went on to generate considerable debate. Google shows 6 visitors from 2+2. 1&1 shows over 100... there are definitely more than 6 people debating my article!

- Aweber showed me several Hungarian names the other day for my list - but no clue as to where they came from in the Analytics - yet 1&1 shows me loads of hits from a Hungarian website... for those exact days.

Hmmm, anectdotal of course - but looks like the evidence is pointing to Google being the incorrect party.

Cheers, Mark
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 279
Default

I've got a touch of stat OCD as well

At the moment I've got analytics, hittail, webalizer and awstats running and they are ALL different.

Although hittail initially seemed accurate it misses quite a few that analytics picks up. But there again some show up on hittail and not analytics.

I used to be on 1&1 too, they seem to have the most inflated figures, I know they don't separate out the search bot hits.

Once a month we go through all the stats and try to come to some sort of accurate picture, but at the end of the day all it's really giving you is a 'trend'. I have a friend who has a brain the size of a planet and he does something with the 'raw server logs', but even he says it's not 100% accurate.

We reckon analytics is about 30% off for unique visitors. Although the other figures it gives you (time on site, bounce rate, etc) are so useful it's still well worth using.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Well put it this way google reports only 500 vistors for an entire month. There are days it says nothing......which is total BS...

In Godaddy's FAQ regarding traffic facts they say that they keep all inof on adomain hosted through them for 6 month period, when youcovert to tehir stats what you see is not only current but th epast 6 mths on file.

Anyhow at least I know Google sucks
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FullTilt Stats Issue Jeremy FullTiltPoker.com 0 03-21-2007 12:12 AM
PAW stats - delayed on purpose. Why? Marius Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 1 12-28-2006 11:51 AM
Stats Again losercore Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 3 12-28-2006 02:22 AM
Problems with Poker Stars Stats? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 12-05-2006 08:11 PM
Fortune Affiliates Stats Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 02-14-2006 09:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0