Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2007, 10:52 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default I have taken your suggestions - site #2

Hello everyone, I have worked hard and implemented every single suggestion made in this thread.

I have added the 301 redirect, used all of the design suggestions, added more internal linking, added h1, h2, and h3 tags, and everything else. Well actually I couldn't figure out how to add borders to my banners. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I'm using straight HTML + CSS and dreamweaver.

I have a question. I took your suggestions to get some of my strategy guide linked to from the front page. I placed this under the "extras" section on the left side of the page. Do you think people will get confused if they click on those and end up smack in the middle of my strategy guide? I figure I could write more articles and link to those but then my strategy guide would be buried without links again.

I appreciate all of your comments and I hope you enjoy my site. I sincerely believe this is one of the best strategy sites out there. Its not just a couple of 500 word keyword articles slapped on top of a bunch of banners.

That reminds me - how are my banners looking? I feel like they are in such obvious places that my visitors will automatically skip them. Should I change it up? Also, full tilt is the only banner I have up out of the 3 sites I promote in my bonuses section. I am thinking of leaving it that way and using context links for the rest. i still wanna make some money outta this thing!

Thank you again for the great forums and for all of the ideas so far, I feel like I should have paid for all the great advice I got last time.
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com

Last edited by smackinyaup : 07-30-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackinyaup View Post
Hello everyone, I have worked hard and implemented every single suggestion made in this thread.

I have added the 301 redirect, used all of the design suggestions, added more internal linking, added h1, h2, and h3 tags, and everything else. Well actually I couldn't figure out how to add borders to my banners. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I'm using straight HTML + CSS and dreamweaver.

I have a question. I took your suggestions to get some of my strategy guide linked to from the front page. I placed this under the "extras" section on the left side of the page. Do you think people will get confused if they click on those and end up smack in the middle of my strategy guide? I figure I could write more articles and link to those but then my strategy guide would be buried without links again.

I appreciate all of your comments and I hope you enjoy my site. I sincerely believe this is one of the best strategy sites out there. Its not just a couple of 500 word keyword articles slapped on top of a bunch of banners.

That reminds me - how are my banners looking? I feel like they are in such obvious places that my visitors will automatically skip them. Should I change it up? Also, full tilt is the only banner I have up out of the 3 sites I promote in my bonuses section. I am thinking of leaving it that way and using context links for the rest. i still wanna make some money outta this thing!

Thank you again for the great forums and for all of the ideas so far, I feel like I should have paid for all the great advice I got last time.
Do yourself a solid and grab some decent directory links asap. Your content pages are not indexed yet and the last thing you want is all your hard work down the drain by some asshole stealing your content and getting it indexed before you thus making you look like the thief. GL with the new site.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

I think it looks great and the content is very good too. With some good seo work and if you keep adding fresh content you site will be driving in some good traffic soon IMO.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-31-2007, 01:02 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

..on another note...offyourface is 100% right...I will throw up a link to your strategy section in the footer on my site for a week or so..it'd be a shame to see all that hard work stolen...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

That scares the shit outta me. By directory links do you mean just submitting my page to these? And by the footer suggestion, does that mean just adding a single link to the homepage of my strategy guide in the footer of the index?

Sorry for the questions, I am googling them at the moment as well but I would be super pissed if someone stole this content and knocked me out of the way.
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-31-2007, 10:39 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Alot of directories will not let you submit your internal pages...unless youpay for them.There are quite a few cheap deals you can get. Not sure how productive that would be but I am sure someone will comment.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-31-2007, 10:56 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Default

Just search for "paid directories" and try to do like 20 if its feasible for you. Many offer subpage links or deep links as they call them. Or perhaps even look at paw and cap forum and see if anyone is selling links on a monthly basis and try to buy a couple of homepage links.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackinyaup View Post
And by the footer suggestion, does that mean just adding a single link to the homepage of my strategy guide in the footer of the index?
lol no, I put a link on my site so your pages get indexed faster, it may make a difference or not. The anchor text is Texas Holdem Strategy on the bottom of the site in my sig.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

Thank you for your help so far everyone, joining these forums has been the smartest choice I've made by far.

NPG, I've placed a link to your site on my main pages as well. It's on the left side under poker resources, I'm sure you'll be able to find it. Its actually quite a complementary link for my site since I'm lacking non-holdem strategy. What traffic I can offer is small at this moment, but the placement will hopefully make up for it as my site grows.
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-03-2007, 03:21 PM
GCPguy GCPguy is offline
Future Millionaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
Default

Hey smackinyaup,

I think I remember you from Flopturnriver? Glad to see you starting a site of your own. I'll definitely bookmark it since I've switched my focus from tournament play to NL cash games.

One thing I've noticed that no one else has mentioned is your use of third person for your personal site. I see a lot of people use third person in the "About" section of their site, which is fine IMO.

Personally, I feel more connected with the author if the front page and other content is written in first person. I would also consider more spacing ever couple of sentence for an easier read. For example,

You Wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to the home of SmackinYaUp's complete small stakes no limit hold em strategy guide. Here you will find the complete (and free) strategy guide dedicated to making you a better no-limit hold em cash game poker player. This strategy guide was written by SmackinYaUp, a true, down-to-earth online poker pro. He worked his way up from the smallest stakes online and has been known to make over $40,000 in one month. This strategy guide was written with the small stakes poker player in mind. The author of this strategy guide has been there, done that, and conquered every small and medium stakes game out there.
Another way to write it might be:

Quote:
Welcome to home of my complete guide to beating small stakes no-limit hold'em. Here you will find the complete (and free) strategy guide dedicated to making you a better no-limit hold'em cash game poker player.

This guide was written by me, SmackinYaUp, a true, down-to-earth online poker pro. I worked my way up from the smallest stakes to making over $40,000 a month!

This strategy guide was written with the small stakes poker player in mind. I have conquered every small and medium stake game out there, and with my advice, you can too!
Also, use more subheadings and bullets in your content. For example,

You wrote:
Quote:
Why play 6-max no limit?

The first answer to this question is to make more money. The vast majority of opponents play poker incorrectly. It doesn't matter if you're playing limit, no-limit, shorthanded, full ring, tournaments, or whatever; your opponents will, for the most part, be inferior. Shorthanded allows you to play more hands against these bad opponents in the same amount of time. .....................................
The second answer to this question is to develop your skills. Shorthanded (SH from now on) play puts you in more pots and makes you make more decisions than nut peddling and playing 11% of your hands in full ring games.
A suggestion might be:
Quote:
Why play 6-max no limit?

You make more money.
The vast majority of opponents play poker incorrectly. It doesn't matter if you're playing limit, no-limit, shorthanded, full ring, tournaments, or whatever; your opponents will, for the most part, be inferior.

Shorthanded allows you to play more hands against these bad opponents in the same amount of time. .....................................

You develop your skills twice as fast.
Shorthanded (SH from now on) play puts you in more pots and makes you make more decisions than nut peddling and playing 11% of your hands in full ring games.
Sorry for the lengthy post. I just hope I was able to say something constructive.

I'll keep you posted on how your strategies improve my game.

Best of luck!
__________________
Gulf Coast Poker
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Rakeback site possibly for sale, lets talk RBseller The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 10-17-2006 10:34 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0