Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

That was an awesome post. I think you are dead on with everything you said. I appreciate it very much. I will implement the suggestions as soon as I get my site onto templates. I can't believe I didn't start with templates sooner... If I wanted to change the footer, I opened up about 30 pages and coded it in myself lol.

I am considering re-writing the entire front page intro for SEOness and clarity. Its a little bit of a ramble but if I break it up like you said that may just take care of it.

Good luck to you as well.

-Oh also, what was your FTR nick?
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default typos

Quote:
Also, get to know your opponents well enough estimate whether a small value bet is best or a full pot sized bet is going to do get the most value.
There is a syntax problem in that sentence: "to estimate" and "to get the most."

A great read, though.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default A few more suggestions:

Quote:
They can improve your a lag (loose-aggressive) image
Delete the "a."

Quote:
A semi bluff can be a regular bet or it can be a raise of someone else’s bet. There are several advantages to using a semi bluff:

They can improve to become a made hand
They can get folds out of other players
They can improve your a lag (loose-aggressive) image; getting more action for you
They can disguise your hand
They can start building a big pot for the times you do hit
They can be used to get free cards
A good place to us a list with bullets.

The following three pages could not be found:
http://www.beatnolimit.com/notplay.html http://www.beatnolimit.com/philosophy.html http://www.beatnolimit.com/articles/monsters.html


"What I mean by that is what flops are likely to have hit what hands."/ Try: "which flops are likely to have hit which hands."
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

Typos are the most embarrassing thing on a site like mine. Its one thing if you're the angry drunk blogger but quite another if you're telling people you're a smart guy and they should follow your advice with their money on a poker strategy site.
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

Oh I see I replied at the same time you added some suggestions. I like your bulleted lists suggestions. I'm FTPing the site right now so check back in a couple minutes. You caught that at the perfect time because I just got done "template-ing" the site and was just checking to see if I uploaded everything correctly. Thanks a million!
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackinyaup View Post
Thanks a million!
Hmmm....maybe your advice will turn out to be that valuable!
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

If were to make a million off the site, I think it would be time for a major PAW freeroll courtesy of SmackinYaUp
__________________
www.beatnolimit.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Rakeback site possibly for sale, lets talk RBseller The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 10-17-2006 10:34 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0