Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default A little advice

I am trying to get the layout of my page exact so I can leave it alone and work on other things. This is what I have been doing today. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am still debating on colours for titles, the content needs to be put in the boxes that are grey. They wont be grey when I am finsihed just gives me a layout sort of.

All opinons welcome and if anyone knows where I can get some free buttons that would match I would love to get rid of those damn pinkish ones.

Also as far as coding I have been told before about teh java that is in the top of the page. I have deleted it on multiple accounts but it keeps coming back. I have no clue what it is for, so if anyone starts talking about code could you advice me on what I can do with this.

But as far as structure goes is this alright? To much not enough etc...

Thanks everyone


http://www.pokerriveronline.com
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 06-12-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

cooltext.com has alot of nice buttons
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 271
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I'd maybe put a slight border round your whole main container.

I don't like the buttons

On the right nav bar, I'd push the text in a little bit from the left side, or perhaps use an image icon beside each one. Also you have Bloga> at the top.

Footers messed up - and is right at left of page.

I also prefer justifying all main page text. it makes it look more pretty IMO. it's a bit harder to read, but for small paragraphs like that it should be okay.

I'm exhausted from this heat and going to go nap for a bit, I'll be back later and hopefully will be more clearer, so if theres anything specific you need help on just ask.

Oh - I don't like the header at the top of the page. It might just be the banner ad squashed in there, but it seems too thin for that layout, and looks just a tad amateurish.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I had allance design me a new one but the colour scheme is off which means all colours have to go and need to be redone.

I have been trying to figure some other way to do iut where it blends and looks like it belongs not like it is stuck there if you know what I mean.


Thanks Dan. I do have a question for you though

The footer I can't fix....you are viewing in FF right? I have tried everything and it doesn't seem to work right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default angles

The angles are nice and clean, but also seem kind of sharp compared to the rounded headings.

Some "cell padding" is definitely needed for the containers.
I do not like the rake tracker ad, in terms of the way the dark colors merge into your black background - makes it look like a chunk is broken off your header.

I wonder if the domain "Pokerriverdance.com" is taken? For some reason, that's what the woman/model made me think of - even though she doesn't have red hair or anything!

Keep at it!
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 271
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

In regard to the footer - its something that I'd have to be there in the code tweaking it etc to figure out exactly how to fix it I tried to save the page, however the images wouldn't load up from my local drive. However from looking at the source, it appears that HTML wise you have this:

- Main Content on Left Side
- Right Navigation Bar
- Footer

How about just trying to attach the footer to the end of the left/main content block?
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertadvice4u View Post
The angles are nice and clean, but also seem kind of sharp compared to the rounded headings.

I would love round corners but can not for the life of me get it right. I have searched and tried to use the tut's given but it just won't work



Will work on the footer tonight.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 440
Default

I'm not crazy about the red background...

Think River, as your name is Poker River Online.... how about some blueish water color background.

I'm not crazy about the space between your right hand column and the main part of your text. The right hand column needs to be moved up to be even with the main column.

dump the buttons at the top, find something new in there.

Catch my attention with something new or something that I am looking for that led me to your site. I am probably coming there looking for a Carbon Poker Bonus based on your title, so that should be the first thing I see and It should be EASY for me to find it. I come there now and I see that I can get a Cake Poker Bonus Code, or even a PokerStars bonus code... nope, not what I was looking for, X out.

I'm not sure what the red arrow pointing down on the download and review chart you have on the page means... does that mean you are not recommending these rooms?

Feature some unique content down on your page where you have the Micon System Review and or the Absolute Banner below... your funny poker videos are good, but I bet hardly anyone goes to view them. You need to feature some USEFUL / ENTERTAINING information to get visitors to read into your site some. No one, (well hardly anyone) clicks on banners to a site that they do not trust... period. Hell even on sites that people trust people don't click on banners... (especially forums). The forum we run gets like 6k views a day and you would laugh if I told you how many clicks the banners get... it's sad.

Anyway... you have potential there... the design needs work. Any chance you have the alance design posted anywhere... we could give you feedback off of which one would work better for you... You get the right design and then you crank out some good content and follow basic SEO advice and you should be good to go.

Remember... show your visitors exactly what they want (check your statcounter keyword report) and see what people are searching for when they find your site / page of your site. Give them useful information on that page, even if it doesn't earn you direct money now, it will come back in spades.

best of luck!
__________________
J S

Poker Players 4 Ron Paul - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution, join the Ron Paul Army.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2007, 12:59 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Thanks for the advice. Here is the link for what I had Alance do

xxxhttp://www.pokerriveronline.com/header.html
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default artwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
Thanks for the advice. Here is the link for what I had Alance do

xxxhttp://www.pokerriveronline.com/header.html
Nice look.
Is that Canadian Aboriginal artwork behind the woman?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP!! Site Review & Advice Much Needed Smoovasbird New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 08-19-2007 11:55 AM
A little advice needed kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 01-22-2007 12:40 PM
Seeking advice from you pro's poker-squad General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 10-28-2006 12:44 PM
Any mentors out there - will sub for beer. . and advice wertwert General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-19-2006 04:38 PM
Advice on Program Team PFT General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 06-15-2006 08:52 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0