Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default When do you start to wonder?

I know patience is key in all of this and rushing for things is not going to make it happen. That being said when do you start to wonder if it's you and not the waiting factor? By this I mean players downloading and signing up.

My hits are improving and I am seeing alot more organic hits for keywords I wasn't aiming for and through my 3rd party analytics I am noticing bookmarking happening however in the last 6 days at one particular room I have had 70+ click throughs (which is a big jump compared to a month ago). I am not using PPC they are just natural I guess. Out of those 70+ only 1 has signed up.

Another area of my site has recieved almost 40 organic hits for various keywords that are all connected in one way or another. Not one of them has taken the "promo"

So I am starting t wonder if it's actually the way I am coming across vs the waiting game. I am a worry wart by nature so this doesn't help but it becomes so frustrating to see nothing when people are coming.

Alright now my question has turned into a rambling post.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 05-17-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 576
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

the 70 clicks - 1 signup, seems very low. But this could balance out in time. With 1 room i promote i had around 50 clicks in a week with only 1 signup, but in the next week i had less clicks with 5 signup's and 3 RMP's.

It maybe the site you are promoting? CakePoker isn't going very well for me on one site, whilst CarbonPoker is converting much better.

The best advice i can give is either wait, or change the room you are promoting. You seem to work hard Kaus, so i'm sure the affiliate god's will reward you.
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 AM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 315
Default

I have a few rooms that have around 50/60 clicks with 1 or no sign ups. I just put it down to bad luck. I make little to no money from my site but I'm not going to give up faith just yet. Give it more time and keep working hard, something should come of that surely.

By the way, how do you check if someone has bookmarked your page?
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I am using http://www.onestat.com/ they do have a trial period for you to test it out.

At least seeing bookmarks from various parts of the world for the site and blog means someone is interested and reading lol
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:54 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
I am using http://www.onestat.com/ they do have a trial period for you to test it out.

At least seeing bookmarks from various parts of the world for the site and blog means someone is interested and reading lol
Does that onestat show you exactly what keyword phrase each visitor used to find your site? I was looking at the demo and it looks like it shows a list of the most popular keywords used to find your site, but doesn't show exactly what keyword phrase they are coming in on. Only the search engine used.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
JohnH's Avatar
JohnH JohnH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 176
Default

I know google analytics shows what keywords visitors come in on.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Poker Articles
Heads Up Poker
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Mine does not but the upgraded version OneStat eBuisness does. I use mine as a back up for google and to cross reference things that's all. I prefer Google for keywords
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:33 PM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 139
Default

I use google analytics that site works great for me!
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-19-2007, 02:39 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

[quote=haynesey;56606]
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time to start posting all GOOD NEWS we find! corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 01-25-2007 09:34 PM
Planetluck,PartyBingo,32 Red,Poker.com,PartyPoker Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 50 01-11-2007 09:57 AM
Get a free Absolute Poker account and get $100 totally free to start with Pokers911 The Spam Forum 1 09-29-2006 03:57 AM
Gotta Start Somewhere! saikaz New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 09-05-2006 11:19 PM
How long before you start seeing results? dbirider New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 10-27-2005 10:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0