Just to keep you up on the latest things going on at JacksNQueens.com, we have started a JacksNQueens.com Poker Blog which can be found at www.blog.jacksnqueens.com. The blog's goal is to give an insiders look at the inner workings of a new poker room and hopefully we will be entertaining and informative as well. You are welcome to link to the blog and reference any content on the blog. The other news is that we have delayed our beta-testing until the second half of September. The developers needed a little more time to work on a few things. No one is more anxious than I am to see the site begin the beta-testing but we will have to wait a little longer. Thanks for your patience and let me know what you think of the blog.
That is a very good article about cheating online. Some of the points you made never crossed my mind before. Ex. How cheating doesn’t affect the room, they are still raking the pot. It’s the players that are truly affected. Will Jacks N Queen's have higher collusion detection then other rooms?
One question about the Web Cam Poker tables, will there be sound? Or just the players head bobbin around? Some of these tables will be quite entertaining.
Tell the professor to quit making me jealous of Costa Rica and the weather. I'm stuck in snow 7 months of the year.
Keep up the blogs - I find them quite interesting.
Glad you liked the article. I have got a couple more parts I will be posting over the weekend that should outline the most vunerable tables and give some common sense advice to minimize the players risk.
As far as higher collusion detection techniques I think one of the biggest factors that will make our collusion detection more effective is our overall aggressive attitude toward the issue. Also, our webcam tables will be a major deterrent to cheaters as it will make it nearly impossible for one player to play multiple accounts at the same time and very difficult for a single player to use different accounts even one at a time. As the online world is now you never have any idea who you are really playing against.