News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Chat

General Poker Chat Yes were all affiliates, but most of us play poker too!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:16 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 511
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default High stakes v Small stakes

I dont know what most of you call high stake games but I consider them $100+ MTT's $5-$10 N/L ring games.


What iv always found is that I generally do better the higher the stakes I play. I have a terrible habit of raising 2-7 OS pre flop. they are in my mind set like pocket aces. Infact better as I have made far bigger killings off them. Now I feel comfortable playing that way as I move up the stakes but the lower stakes are rigid & they only seem to play set hands. It seems to bore me & I either lose focus or concentration. at higher stakes I find it easier to dictate the betting & get away with more iffy plays.

I feel it easier to understand a players move when they know how to play, ie pushing out a flush draw. Raising on a dangerous flop, etc. But the lower the stakes I just cant get the grips of.

$5 MTT I start to feel comfortable with play when it gets to the last few tables. Early doors, its a bit of a lottery for me.

higher stakes, I feel more at ease earlier, its more cagey from the outset & its easier to get a feel for the game.

My style of play I would consider fairly loose but I go through extremely tight phases ie early position folding JJ pre flop with min raise ahead of me
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2007, 10:28 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 256
Default

I would consider that to be hig stakes. I have yet to play at a ring game at that limit...a tad worrisome on losing. However online the largest buyin besides a SnG is $24. A live tournament $100. I would have to say that the live game was considerably less difficult as you could see that the buyin mattered to people vs your $20 buyins. I think the same goes for online. The issue I have is, which is why I have yet to move up in limits online is playing where the majority of the field takes the game seriously and you have one or two people who dont and could care less if they play like a donk. I have issues with self control of emotions when it comes to plays like that so I do not bother yet. One day when losing that much is ok and would not hinder my cash low for play. That being said I do not play the small MTT as often anymore....it's not worth it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 AM
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 202
Default

Since I own a site dedicated to small stakes poker I guess i should comment. I will post my ideas below...but I dont use these on my site for certain reasons.

NL ----------------------------------------FL
small stakes= up to $.25/.50 -----------$1.00/2.00

But if you look at every other poker site out there they consider small stakes to be up to $8.00/16.00 FL.....whcih I feel is crazy considering that alot of sites dont even have people that play at these limits.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a small banner made relatively quickly Prenut General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 02-14-2007 10:13 AM
Google High PR Link Exchanges RounderStaked Search Engine Optimization 7 12-01-2006 05:24 PM
Advertise On High Stakes Report SuperAffiliate The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 09-27-2006 08:49 AM
High Stakes - Blog SuperAffiliate New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 08-02-2006 12:08 PM
Small Site for Sale indieangler The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 07-29-2006 05:52 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0