Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

View Poll Results: Do your sign ups increase with pop ups?
Yes 0 0%
No 2 15.38%
Do not use them 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,391
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Opinons on pop-ups

Alot of the gambling rooms offer pop-ups on entrance of your site or even exiting. I personally feel that these are tacky and annoying. When I do come across a site that has this enabled I leave.

So I am curious what opinons are on this feature. I have seen some big sites who use this and am not sure if it would be worth my while or if many people feel the same way as I do with them
__________________
Poker Bonus

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,131
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

I will never have a popup asking to download while viewing my site. I think they are very tacky, and I can't stand going to places like absoulute or UB and getting that pop up.

I think it really loses the value of the site.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 309
Default

I am almost always going to click 'x' on any pop-ups before I read them. I feel pop-ups are there to try and sell you something you dont want or are not interested in anyway. Its just an anoyance for me and makes me think less of the site.

I wouldnt advise you use them, but then again I am not speaking for the majority of visitors that would be coming to your site. Maybe if the pop-up included something that visitors may be genuinely interested in and didnt look tacky, then maybe it wouldnt be so bad.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Poker For Free
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 118
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

I basically hate pop ups, and have a blocker enabled to avoid them.

Though, an idea could be a div element that has display:block, and can be closed by your visitors, or by a time limit. I also like the advertising that's used on xwww.sitepoint.com, placed at the bottom of a browser.
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Online Pokeren
Poker Chips
HighStakers.com
PokerKudos.com
Best Online Casino's
NBA Live Leagues
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
CoolDog CoolDog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 186
Question

PartyPoker has a pop-up mentioning a $200.00 bonus offer from EmpirePoker after the page loads and when a person wants to leave the site. It appears as though that it is some kind of AdWare. Now I get a bunch of these pop-ups on my Desktop every day.




I can't believe Party does this:

1) It discourages visitors from using Party affiliate bonus codes because they don't compare to the Empire Bonus offer.

2) The Empire pop-up is AdWare. This is so disreputable.

So to answer your question; I hate pop-ups. I rarely stick around a site when I am constantly closing pop-ups whenever I visit a page on a site.

See my thread here on the Party pop-up subject:
http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/f...e-problem.html

I've emailed Party last week and no response.

CoolDog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,391
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

LOL I emailed Party about a spammer I have a couple of times now. I don't think they care cause he's still doing it.
__________________
Poker Bonus

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

empire/hollywood/party/pacific are popping up constantly. Cant find the dam things to get them off. I dont mind the occassional pop-up to join a sites mailer but shit that attatches itself to a computer is disguisting. Im gonna track these people down and feed them to my cat
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 191
Default

This is an interesting topic.

I would never use a conventional pop-up as I think it damages your sites reputation.

Some of the newer pop-up's that popup on your actual website page, rather than an actual seperate window are more reputable, and could be used with care.

But I have been to a number of sites where they have an actual pop-up in a seperate window behind their site which is their actual affiliate link to party poker or similar and I've always wondered about the cookie tracking on this.

Although it is unlikely that someone would sign up there and then and wouldn't be very happy at the pop-up, but presumably the cookie gets placed and if that person opens an account at a later stage it would be credited back to the dodgy pop-up affiliate would it not?
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 432
Default

I've never used any pop-ups if personally if i visit a site that has pop-ups I make a point not to go back...

On the other hand, I have seen some very good pop ups that are designed to collect email addresses. Usually it is a newsletter sign up or something along those lines. Do any of you guys use pop-ups for this? Any success?
__________________
J S

Advocate for Online Poker Legalization - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adjustments made....opinons? kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 04-30-2007 10:44 PM
Opinons please kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 10 03-27-2007 01:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0