Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Opinons please

Ok I am not finished yet, I have alot of linking to do for all my pages and need to complete the news and profile section. My reviews and articles are complete but still need to be linked. I have some more information to add to the right hand column but am debating on if it should be ads for say software products or what ..so anyone who promotes these kinds of items and want to make a suggestion by all means.

I would love some feedback for what I have done so far. Please remember I know absoloutly nothing about any of this process and have been reading tutorials for instructions. That being said any comments that suggest improvement would you please emphasize for me so I know exactly what you are talking about. I am throwing this up so if any major changes need to be done I can do so now.

Thanks all for taking teh time to read this and here is the link

http://pokerriveronline.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2007, 02:47 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Hey...well to me the green is kinda hard on the eyes. At first I thought the article in the green section were those sponsored ads you see on freehosting sites. I hear blue is a very nice color for websites.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2007, 03:40 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default I like it.

Looks nice and sharp to me.
That was a *free* template???
You must have some good tutorials! Care to recommend some?

Sorry, only thing I am competent to advise you on is typos:

"Sun Poker is giving it away to thier (their) best HORSE player. Every player that earns 50,000 MPP’s (MPPs)during the One Sick Promo will be eligible to play in a freeroll to win a seat in the H.O.R.S.E. Hell if that's not good enough they are giving away the most extravagant WSOP packages you will find anywhere. Literally we are talking private jets, accomadations (accomodations) at the Sun Mansion"

If it were me, I would change the last two sentences to:

"Hell - if that's not good enough - they are giving away the most extravagant WSOP packages you will find anywhere - Literally! We are talking private jets and accomodations at the Sun Mansion!"
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)

Last edited by xpertadvice4u : 03-24-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2007, 03:44 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

yes I seen them I thought I had gone through all of my pages and used the spell check. There are quite a few touch ups that need to take place, but I wanted to get some insight first with the layout and all. Thanks for taking a peek....

lol yes it was a free template till I tore it apart lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2007, 07:16 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,293
Default

Using IE7 things seem to not line up. you've got a table on the right side messing it up. The "news" link is off and the right table is all blended together.

Your style sheet looks ok but for some reason you have a CSS and a style within the html. Having both defeats the purpose of a CSS.

Anyway it looks nice except for those few glitches.

By all means get in there and fix your title tags though. You want your tilte tags to have good keywords for search terms that the page is offering.

Looking good
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2007, 07:21 AM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

the text is overlapping a little on my browser (Updates) 2nd article running into the 1st.

Just personal preference but Id like to see the same section blending in with your page title/header.

In general the content looks clearly laid out, as for the site banners, ive went off the use of them a little but im opting for more bland or simple logo style banners
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:27 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Ok so lastnight I thought I would go ahead and move things around abit....ya that was a mistake in a half especially since it was my index page. So long story short I took some of the suggestions and redid the thing (after almost throwing my computer from serious frustrations)and would like to hear what you think. The content is done it needs to be added after I go and redesign those pages to. I know the Site Navigator button is slightly out of place, and all links and bonus codes do need to be added......enough rambling I will wait for judgement

http://www.pokerriveronline.com

and my title tag is still screwed up so mind that
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 576
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

looks really nice, IMO.
Maybe change the header image, fairly hard to read "Poker River Online".
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Its really clean looking now...good work!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:25 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0