Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 739
Default

I guess we are going to need to post some proof of these accusations. You did take screenshots, right?

At the same time, if some members on his site post these on his forum, can he really be blamed if they are not removed within 48 hours or however long is needed?

At the same time... WTF is with the ADMIN's response to this thread?:
http://freerollsmonitor.com/PNphpBB2...pic-t-132.html

"Please do not post directly in the forum.

Send PM to eachother instead "

This sounds like you are encouraging this stuff.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 926
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

Exactly... I have banned numerous members from my forums for posting or suggesting to PM for passwords to other forum games. This is the least I can do to keep my members focused on my games and not taint other affiliates hard work to build communities.

Its clear from these posts that you dont see how this is wrong - This is a good way to alienate youself from those of us that have been in this game for a long time.

Your toleration or looking the other way while your members share our info is unacceptable.
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus Code | Cake Poker Bonus Code | Las Vegas Webcams | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 AM
PFO PFO is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 101
Default

I run private freerolls and can't stand password leakers. I delete any posts asking for passwords or suggesting passwaords from other forums.

Banning those members that do is a good idea.

I agree with what hoilis said!
__________________
Poker Freerolls Online

Private Freeroll Leagues - Join our private leagues!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Here is where I was refering to....you also contribute by allowing this to happen even if it is through MSN or Yahoo. I belong to a forum that I do still play league games when I can. However I still contribute almost daily to that forum, it's like a second group of friends when you have been there long enough. I do not like the freeroll scum, spam scum etc and even though it is not my forum I still post/pm admin about issues that come up. If someone Pm's me for a password, sharing a password, or just complete spam I report that person to our admin. Why because it in turn will ruin the forum and group. Here you had another conversation with the "girls" and you said when told not to share passwords

Quote:
What are you talking about? I do my very best to stop this. You cant prevent members from being stupid.

I have told the members many times, this is not tolerated. I have been away for a couple of days and furthermore I thought that in this case, he gave his Yahoo Messenger ID.


These people who share passwords in any way are not an asset to your forum. They add no real value to it. Wouldn't you rather have people who conrtibute and others register to be members because of this. Not those hunting on the net for all the clues possible to crash a game? Not to mention that these games that you let them crash could quite possibly come from the affiliates pocket...some like myself who right now have to pay for some.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Pokerhunt Pokerhunt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 134
Default

Yeah, well - I can see all of your issues.

I guess I was carried away by the high number of visitors to my site. It was not meant to be a "password exchange" site.

I will take the measures to stop it and I apologize again for any inconvenience caused. Im a reasonable guy and can admit my errors. I will find more "normal" ways of getting traffic to my site.

Sorry, guys - hope you all can forgive me and still accepts me in this community. I have used so much time on this site and this should not be the reason that it all goes wrong.

I have never found or given any password to any tournament myself. Actually I could not understand why anybody would spend so much time on these rather low prize tournaments. Guess, I thought that if they did not do it on my site, they would just do it somewhere else - This is wrong I can see now.
__________________
.................................................. ..................
Webmasters, get a Poker Freerolls schedule on your own website - custom colors, own affiliate links can be inserted.
http://www.freerollsmonitor.com

Manufacturing the best rakeback deals available
http://www.rakebackfactory.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know who owns.... NewPokerGirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 01-24-2007 10:46 PM
Who owns HighStakesReport.com now? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 10-31-2006 07:55 AM
Absolute now owns UB? JacksNQueens General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-18-2006 10:01 AM
Who Owns IslandofPoker.com? adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-25-2006 07:07 PM
Who owns thepokerforums.com? ClarkePromotions General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 05-11-2005 10:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0