Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 AM
PKing PKing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 84
Default Monetizing My Blog

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a long time, not posting much, so I thought I would throw this out there and see what kind of responses I got. I'm normally pretty private about my websites, but I figured, what the heck.

I've got this blog, Poker King Blog. The site has been around for about a year now, and I have never really done much with it, aside from having one Full Tilt banner on the page (doesn't seem to do real well, considering the traffic.)

I was lucky enough to get a bunch of one-way links early on, and because of that, the site is fairly strong in the SERP's, even considering my lack of effort.

The site currently gets about 300 unique visitors per day. My biggest question is: what should I do to monetize this blog? Should I include more Clickbank type products, such as Sit and Go pro or the Micon System? Should I include more Full Tilt banners on the page? Should I target a different room altogether? Text links? Considering the traffic, the site basically makes nothing, and I feel like it should be making at least SOMETHING.

Obviously one thing that I am doing is increasing my posting frequency, but I am more curious as to how you guys would monetize this traffic now that I have. Thanks for any help!

Dave
__________________
Poker King
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-19-2007, 04:05 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

This is an interesting post. Hopefully you will get some help with this.

I would start by adding Poker Stars and maybe Sun Poker to the mix.

Also, maybe mention BlackJack as it is starting to become more popular.

I would definitely include text links.

Just some ideas.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-19-2007, 11:06 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Default

You can definitely insert some affiliate links embedded with your posts without it looking to "salesy" I think people are more apt to click on some hyperlinked text within your copy rather than a banner at the top of your page.

It is also important to find out what your readers are interested in. Maybe they're not that interested in playing at online poker rooms, but rather strategies for improving their game or something else. Try to make a post or two interactive so that you can get some feedback from your readers. That will help in your marketing efforts.

At the very least, try something new and see what happens.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2007, 09:45 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 443
Default

I agree with Mark. Some well placed text links within your posts, some to affiliate products and some to other quality information would be the easiest and fastest way to start seeing more revenue from your blog.

I've pretty much came to believe that the banners are just brand reinforcement. Our forum gets thousands of views every day and the banners (which blend in to the site really well) get very few clicks overall, but a well written post with some quality links spread throughout, and an affiliate link here and there get clicks. It's then up to the product to convert.
__________________
J S

Poker Players 4 Ron Paul - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution, join the Ron Paul Army.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Yes I definately agree with the above. Something I am trying to develop. I wrote an article yesterday. Instead of the usual oversell I used a couple of text links without the overkill. Not a "CLICK HERE, DOWNLOAD HERE NOW, SIGN UP OR ILL KICK UR ASS" just a "I play here," Well it gave me a decent deposit today & its not been heavily viewed as yet. I just tried to make an informative article & the links were placed as a matter of fact, just to compliment the info.

(lol, not quite agreeing with the spam post that managed to jump in before me while i was writing this)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Giving away 20 links on PR4 blog PokerManic The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 01-18-2007 01:53 AM
Blog Spammer Apologizes, LOL adioking The Cocktail Lounge 3 10-27-2006 12:06 AM
free links (exchange) on PR4 poker blog scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 09-03-2006 06:06 PM
High Stakes - Blog SuperAffiliate New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 08-02-2006 02:08 PM
PR4 blog write ups for your site Georgia Poker The Poker Affiliate Exchange 6 05-05-2006 03:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0