News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
chiefofficer chiefofficer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
Default Harrah's delivers another blow....

Harrah's compliance board decided yesterday that ZERO advertising would be allowed from any poker site accepting US players.

That means no .net, no nothing from the likes of Fulltilt, Pokerstars, etc...

Foreign sites that don't allow US players will be able to advertise as usual, and be able to register as many players as they want.

Now, we've all read about no poker sites "who've made money illegally" being able to register players. That's been the policy for several years. In the past, affidavit's were signed by third parties (usually some type of ad agency working for Pokerstars or whoever) that said none of the money was from illegal sources.

Harrah's has not made any official comment that anything from the past will change.

BUT, considering this latest move is even more restrictive than what the DOJ has imposed on the Travel Channel and others, it sures seems like Harrahs is going to make it pretty tough on Pokerstars and others.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 447
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

Do you have a credible source regarding this information? Or is this yet another rumor?
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2007, 12:13 PM
joeker joeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 108
Default

If it's from ChiefOfficer it's credible
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
chiefofficer chiefofficer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeker
If it's from ChiefOfficer it's credible

Thanks joeker.

A couple people on this board know who I am, but I don't make it public knowledge just so my opinions (sometimes intense and my leaks..sometimes helpful) don't reflect on who I work for.

This is 100% information I would be privy to, and you can be assured I hate this stance by Harrahs.

It seems like everyday I come to work these days....I make less money than I did the day before...lol

Oh well. Maybe someone can talk Harrahs out of it, or I guess there's some very slim chance officers at Harrahs overrule the compliance board, but I highly doubt it.

Unless something changes pretty quickly in DC, I think this is going to be the stance of Harrahs for the time being.

Gambling911 or someone will probably have a story about it sometime soon.....although Harrahs may not make an official statement about it for a while.....so their WSOP management team can figure out how in the heck they're going to make money.

Just total speculation on my part here.....

But I could see a fallout at Harrahs over this. A guy like Jeffery Polluck was brought in to make the WSOP take off. Jeffery has had some high ranking positions in the past (with the NHL I believe) and has a brother who is pretty high up with.....I think the NHL....not 100% positive on that.

But, my point is....Jeffery's hands are pretty tied if this is the stance Harrahs is going to take. Jeffery is really hell bent on making the WSOP Circuit events bigger and better. That included more involvement from the online sites as well as possibly getting a huge title sponsor of the tour (i.e like Fulltilt)

Now Jeffery can't do any of that.

The revenue of the WSOP will take a huge hit. Not huge to the grand scheme of things at Harrahs, but huge to the management team of the WSOP.

If I was Jeffery, and this is the stance Harrah's is going to take, I'd pack it up and find another job...which he could easily do.

Now, if Jeffery knows about some grand scheme that involves Harrahs taking over the online poker world.....then I'd stick around .......I don't know any such plan..before someone even asks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,955
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Thanks for the reporting Chief, you are definately a GREAT asset to this board.

And yes if it comes from chiefofficer it is credible. (doesn't mean we still can't disagree once in a while though)
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2007, 03:49 PM
chiefofficer chiefofficer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Thanks for the reporting Chief, you are definately a GREAT asset to this board.

And yes if it comes from chiefofficer it is credible. (doesn't mean we still can't disagree once in a while though)

lol, sorry Jeremy, I was in a bad mood last week....it's hard not to be in this environment.

I appologize for jumping down your throat about the other Harrahs post. End the end, that article you posted may be correct, but I am 100% positive even Harrahs is not sure what they are going to do. I can also say there is disagreement between people even at Harrahs.

One group at Harrahs did a deal for FTP to be on the felt for the WSOP, then the compliance board came back and said no deal. Even people at Harrahs are pissed as hell about the entire situation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,955
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

It does seem just ridiculous that Harrahs would accept advertising dollars from a company like Ladbrokes but not any sites where american players can play online.

Make it either all or none. All this does is add fuel to the already exsisting fire. The satellite issue I suppose I could understand why they wouldn't allow U.S. online qualifiers. But to not accept advertising dollars based on the rooms internal policy is a bad decision in my opinion.

Hey Harrahs execs........ you guy are Las Vegas, not the Department of Justice. If I was shareholder I would be pissed to see such massive advertising dollars being turned away.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2007, 06:53 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy

Hey Harrahs execs........ you guy are Las Vegas, not the Department of Justice. If I was shareholder I would be pissed to see such massive advertising dollars being turned away.

The current shareholder's don't care; they are getting a fixed purchase price per share (assuming the pending private equity deal goes through). Whenever you have management running a company in a pending sale situation, they always make the "safe" choice and don't do anything that could risk the deal not closing. It throws priorities out of whack because missing out on a bit of profit is much less important than taking on any additional risk (or the perception of risk).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,955
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Quote:
The current shareholder's don't care; they are getting a fixed purchase price per share (assuming the pending private equity deal goes through). Whenever you have management running a company in a pending sale situation, they always make the "safe" choice and don't do anything that could risk the deal not closing. It throws priorities out of whack because missing out on a bit of profit is much less important than taking on any additional risk (or the perception of risk).

Very true, thanks.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-16-2007, 06:59 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Harrah's isn't making any of the decisions. Don't blame or congratualte them. Gaming decides all this stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harrah's Sold Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 12-20-2006 08:05 PM
Watchout Jeremy - Man wants to blow up mall in Rockford Bryan The Cocktail Lounge 3 12-12-2006 03:12 AM
Harrahs might get bought out Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-02-2006 06:27 PM
Frist - Contributions from Harrahs... ajpoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 10-07-2006 04:34 PM
NWP about to blow up - buy ad space right now bmicon The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 04-25-2006 02:44 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0