News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-12-2007, 11:01 AM
chiefofficer chiefofficer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
Default

this post is pretty terrible. Jeremy, you might need to do more research or talk to Harrahs about this yourself.

Pocketfives had an interview and it stated as of now, Harrah's policy has not changed from previous years. Now, we all know that Harrahs has not allowed online sites to register players in over 3 years. That's a Nevada Gaming commission rule.

In the past, 3rd parties have been allowed to register players if they sign a affidavit that says the money did not come from illegal sources.

Harrahs may crack down on 3rd party registerations. One thing they have said is that sites like Ladbrokes, who operate completely legally, should be allowed to register players.

Anyway, many of these details haven't been worked out yet.

I think it's pretty careless on the part of poker player newspaper (obviously not a creditable source), and PAW to make a blanket statement like "no online qualifiers in 2007".
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,866
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Quote:
this post is pretty terrible. Jeremy, you might need to do more research or talk to Harrahs about this yourself.

Dude I simply posted a link to another site. I am not "reporting" anything. I wish I had time to thouroughly investigate every news item and call corporations on fact finding missions for speculation that I run across on the internet. If I "published" or wrote the story on PAW or at Pokernews then I suppose I would feel more careless. Although in that case, then yes I would do the research.

I don't believe anywhere in my post I claimed it to be the gospel or 100% truth. I simply posted a link. Welcome to the internet. Even looking at your response it is evident that there is a lot of speculation about online qualifiers.

I'll change the title of the post and from now on I'll be more cautious when posting links to external sites..........
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 793
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

Plus i saved a bundle on my car insurance.

I enjoyed the link J
__________________
Holis
Diversify your efforts - Make up to 10K per User!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code
Complete, accurate listing of current Poker Bonus Codes
Top Ranked DVD's on sale now! | Funny Poker Videos
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:23 PM
chiefofficer chiefofficer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
Default

I just don't understand why a site like PAW would post a link causing even more panic than there already is....especially when this speculation has been addressed on another site.

I know you don't have time to know everything, but for something that's a pretty big deal, I'd think a poker site would at least try to verify some facts.

If I owned a Ford Truck forum, and some jackleg on the internet posted an article that all Ford Expeditions were going to be demolished....I'd not post that article until there was some support for the facts.

I have no idea why a poker site would participate in spreading unconfirmed rumors.......

But whatever, it's your site (or at least you work for the site).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 762
Default

jackleg?
Anyway, you missed the point.
Do you understand the meaning of the word "Forum"?

From the American Heritage Dictionary

fo·rum (fôr'əm, fōr'-)
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr'ə, fōr'ə)
A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 432
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

Just to add, when I first read this post I thought it was true as it was coming from Jeremy who I deemed a viable source. Of course I didn't really believe it, and did my own research, but not everyone else will do that and rely on forums for their source of credible information. Unless something is confirmed I think it is important to put in keywords like "MAY", "POSSIBLY", "UNCONFIRMED" or like it has now "PROBABLY NOT TRUE".
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 762
Default

Taken from jeremys post: The subtitle i saw/see is..
2007 WSOP Satellites (Probably Not True)

Did i miss it not being there originally?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,866
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

That was my bad....the title of the post sucked initially.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 09:33 PM
Online Gambling Hedges Its U.S. Bets Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-23-2006 03:02 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
Party Poker WSOP Satellites Dave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-03-2005 07:12 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0