News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

I think anyone who would consider spamming an illegal email list should just raise their hand so anybody with a scruple or half a brain will know to steer clear of them.

Also, this is a multi-million dollar industry that includes lots of folks you don't want to screw with. Lowlifes who have spammed lists like this in the past spend a lot of time looking over their shoulders.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 927
Default

PPP,

Why are you taking this issue so personally...to the point where you seem stressed out about it?

Just curious

Not like anyone is getting hurt by this whole thing?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-06-2005, 10:09 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Your stress is not an issue here, but if you think spamming hurts no one, that's your opinion. No fire in hell is hot enough for the lowlifes who send me 100 pieces of moron email each day.

If you think no one is "hurt" by having their emails that are connected to their Neteller and Firepay accounts violated and distributed to any scumbag out there, then I'm afraid you have a lot to learn.

If you think no one will be hurt by the general public losing trust in the entire online poker industry because of the actions of a few lowlifes, then you have a hatred of money.

If you think no one will be hurt, why not post your email address associated with your Neteller account.

Sorry, but you have to be flat out crazy to think none would be "hurt".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-06-2005, 10:13 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Maybe more to the point, since my email address could be on the list, I want to know what cardroom's security has been compromised, and I want to know what piece of human trash is peddling this list.

By the way corpfan1, would you be concerned if instead of your email address it was you Neteller account number being passed around? Sheesh.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 927
Default

Oh of course...you are absolutely right....I am NOT arguing with you at all. What I am saying is that, technically the person on here doesn't sound like they are doing anything wrong. And an e-mail list is pretty easy to get if you really want one. There is nothing really volatile that can be done if someone has your e-mail.

There is no monetary harm is what I am saying. I get promotional and junk e-mail every day and do not get to upset about it. I figure it is just part of the nature of the business and the world we live in.

No hard feelings...all I am saying is you sound pretty upset about it all and that usually means you have a personal issue regarding the matter that has harmed you or gotten you upset about this matter in the past.



On a separate note....I would be very tempted to use the e-mail list to send out a welcome to my website or a newsletter that was done in good taste. But that's just me...and I don't consider myself a lawbreaker....but I also know that in some countries what many of us do here in this forum is kinda against the law!

Oh well....
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 PM
tuco tuco is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 33
Default

Wow.

Didn't mean to get anyone all worked up. The deal I was offered was to buy a now bankrupt poker room primarily for the player list. I guess maybe I should have pointed that out in the OP.

The price was a too high anyway. I was just really trying to see what value I could attach to the list by figuring out how to use it best.

PPP. Would buying a company for its client list still be grounds for me to burn in hell?



Tuco.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-07-2005, 03:27 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Mostly it would make you a sucker. The people selling the list have no right to do so, period. You buying it would be an invitation to make enemies.

"Pokerspot sold me your email address and I decided to send you a spam" is not a good entree into people's lives.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-07-2005, 09:05 AM
mitchtam mitchtam is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 57
Default

Man, you are not thinking straight. People buy bankrupt companies for 1000's of reasons....their client list, their patents, their brand name, etc etc. There is hidden value to buyers everywhere.

This is a logical, legal business evaluation that he is making.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-07-2005, 09:09 AM
mitchtam mitchtam is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 57
Default

Also, how do you know the people selling him the list have no right to do so??? Maybe he made an offer to a bankruptcy court how is trying to liquidate assets belonging to this online room, or perhaps a creditor was given the list in leiu of an outstanding debt.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-07-2005, 01:35 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Perhaps you ought to read the things you sign up with sometime. You are posting nonsense. There may be exceptions, but in general "we will never sell" your email or account or login or affiliate information is standard operating procedure with cardrooms.

I guess you wouldn't mind them selling your affiliate login information, Neteller account number and security code, home address and phone number, bank account information, etc. Man think about this craziness before you post.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0