| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 01-26-2007, 02:19 PM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,018
|
|
Warning about the NeTeller debit card
I had posted this in another reply regarding EFT's going into Bank of America but felt it was important enough to repost under its own topic.
Quote:
| The card processor for the NeTeller card is a US based company. I would get my money out of there ASAP. Even if the US can only put limited pressure on NeTeller at the moment, they can sure as hell put some pressure on their debit card processor. |
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
|
 01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 1,046
|
|
I just ordered the card a week ago, should i not use it then?
__________________
Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Carbon Poker Bonus Code or our Cake Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus | Poker Bonus Codes Online | Online Casino Bonus Directory | Casino Captain
|
 01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 706
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Holis
I just ordered the card a week ago, should i not use it then?
|
oops I reponded in the other thread.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by PokerProp
No problem with using the card. I think Georgia's point was keep using it ASAP taking out the $1K per day max for however many days it itakes till it is empty (don't miss a day).
The card is from OMNI bank whose only 5 branches are in CA.
|
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
- Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|
 01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
|
|
I posted this on the other thread.
Use your card to get money out of Neteller at your $1,000 and withdraw it and add it to a bank
You may never get your EFT as I was told this morning. The rep at Neteller said the card was the safest wat to go. Once it's on the card I can withdraw it.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"Did you just grab my ass?"
|
 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 110
|
|
The sooner you use it and get it out the better
|
 01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,700
|
|
Neteller no longer does business with online gambling sites concerning US citizens, so there is no fire here. The card should be seen as the same as a Paypal card now.
|
 01-26-2007, 05:13 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by PPP
Neteller no longer does business with online gambling sites concerning US citizens, so there is no fire here. The card should be seen as the same as a Paypal card now.
|
That's the way I see it. I am more concerned about getting it on the card then I'm done.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"Did you just grab my ass?"
|
 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,018
|
|
There were "some issues" last week on Sunday and Monday regarding withdrawls on the card. When I called NeTeller they said it was due to "troubles" with their card issuer in Arizona. Exactly what that meant I don't know but I couldn't get any money out during that period. I'm not trying to scare anyone but I did want to make this information public.
I'm simply theorizing that since they're a US company that it would be very easy to put pressure on them if the DOJ was so inclined.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
|
 01-26-2007, 11:21 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 706
|
|
Well that was fast. If you have money on your Neteller card already you can withdrawal it but no more funds can be loaded and no more cards are being sent out.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
- Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|
 01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
|
|
Special Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 870
|
|
Hey I picked this up at 2+2:
I just transfered the balance in my Neteller Account to the Neteller ATM Card Account. I was speaking with a Customer Service Rep (CSR) at the same time. She said the ability to make that transfer was working today, but will be suspended as of tomorrow.
The easiest was to get your money out of Neteller at the moment is probably at the ATM machine. The next several hours will be your last chance to make that transfer unless and until some future development.
The CSR told me once the funds are in the Neteller Card account, the card will continue to work tomorrow and into the future. It is just the ability to transfer funds to the ATM Card Account from the main account that will be suspended tomorrow.
There is 2.75 hours left to transfer the money if they're going by Eastern Standard Time.
Good luck.
Here is the link if anyone wants to read it through
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=0#Post8928037
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.
|