Quote:
|
Originally Posted by kaus
Did I miss something or did she not say that they were concerned about possible terrorist activity...yet she than says that its here to stay so lets help out our economy, regulate it support our programs. Maybe I misunderstood but if not than wtf is with that. You are concerned about a possibilty of certain activities yet as long as the money is rolling your way.
|
The whole thing is so freaking stupid...and yet, there is so much pressure not to be the people who allowed something tragic to happen when they should have be exercising "due dilligence" and could reasonably have been expected to have been able to anticipate risk....and did *nothing*.
I am sick of this fear of terrorism being used to leverage the government's right to pry into every aspect of people's lives, and usurp more and more control over things -thereby going against the spirit of the American dream (not to mention the constitution).
Governments are like "loose aggressive" players, who will keep stealing your blinds and pushing you out of hands until you stand up and refuse to be bullied any more, if you can find yourself a leg to stand on.
I hope the international financial corporations will find the willpower to tell the American DOJ to go F*** itself with it's fishing expeditions. I can go into any casino and bet $1000 on Banker at Baccarat and have a criminal or terrorist at the same table opposing my bets until he wins - and, voila, money has been "laundered" into the hands of someone.
I can do the same thing by betting with legal sportsbooks in Vegas, and having somebody opposing my bets over in England with the bookies there. What I lose, they win. Instant transfer. Let's shut down Vegas.
Drug couriers, for decades, have smuggled drugs in by inserting them in condoms in the anal canal. Gosh, a terrorist could smuggle liquid explosives up their ass in the same manner. It's a **possibility**. We need to eliminate that threat, don't we?
How long until we are all forced to drop drawers, bend over, and spread 'em in the interests of National Security?
Come to think of it - we're already doing it, one way or another.
