Sorry, I just had to post this for anyone who didn't catch the article on CardPlayer: http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news...lass=PokerNews
Tom McEvoy: I also think that any poker player that votes for even one Republican Congressman or Senator that voted for this bill--which is practically all of them -- should have their head examined. Senator First is a hypocrite of the first order. He has well known presidential ambitions and once compared playing poker with the use of crack cocaine.
I am also convinced the white house, namely President Bush, knew exactly what was going down. We have, in my opinion, the worst president in our nation's history, leading the most corrupt and dishonest Congress down the rosy path to the complete destruction of our rights. I think that we need to fight this legislation every step of the way, and think of ways to circumvent it where-ever possible. The constitution is not a document to wipe our feet on. Perhaps the President and Republican Congress and the Republican dominated Supreme Court should reconsider some of the so called legislation passed in recent months to "protect us" Protection at the expense of our civil rights is not worth having. You can quote me on all of this.
