1-19-07 thoughts, after a lot of time on the phone.
I made this post on another forum but wanted to share it here also:
Well Bodog is using click to pay again for deposits only (they had taken this down).
A lot of the research I did today was with sites that offer multiple products. I don't want to leak rumors that I'm not supposed to but will tell you guys a few things.
I seriously spent 5 hours on the phone today. It started with trying to get my money out of sites and researching my options, but then I discovered the sports books allow transfers to other books. I then spent all day following the MAP.
WSEX transfers to MatchBook and Olympic
Olympic transfers to a bunch of books,
So I started calling each one asking where they transferred to:
In the process I asked reps questions like:
What options are available for US clients to bank with right now. What are you cash out options. When i get a good rapport with a rep I would say:
John let me ask you one more thing. What do you personally think about your companies abilities to service the USA long term.
It is amazing what people keep say, and I just keep answering questions.
I had a mansion rep telling me what a mess things were and deposits were coming back returned, and he thinks the company would probably like to stay in the USA but is not sure they will be able to pull it off.
Then I ask more questions about the specifics.
Anways I got a wealth of info today on the phone. There are a lot of sites that are communicating with each other.
I see this as the future of online gambling:
Sites are going to work together: If someone calls Poker Site A and says to support I’m looking for a way to cash out from your site so I can deposit In Poker Site B.
Not only will Poker Site A transfer the funds for them, but they will then add this to their withdrawal method.
People will not see links to transfer to a bunch of competitor, but there will be a system and if you call and request it then that transfer system will become active to you.
The sites are/will realize that it is in there best interest to work together, the less steps to move money from one site to the other the better.
There will be rollover or min play requirements once transferring the funds. With some books fees will be involved and with others they will not be.
If were going to be using checks and western union the banking time and volume needs to be cut down. This accomplishes sites work together.
Bodog makes me nervous but if they pull through all they are doing now look for them to purchase more sports books as soon as things die down some.
Also look for the majority of sites to be able to transfer to WSEX.
I suggest everyone relax this weekend and takes it easy next week. The week after next new things will be popping up and the dust will settle soon enough. There is no need to panic or worry, I know it sucks, some of us will probably have transactions lost or long delays etc etc, but because there is nothing we can do about this right now we can’t focus on it; doing so will make you ultra depressed.
In the end this will all have been a good thing. We will get to see who are the companies we can really trust? A lot of these sites won’t have the money to pay everyone who wants to cash out at first, at least now we get to see which ones. If this continues only the strong will survive and the ones who have treated our deposits as we would like for them to have will earn a lot of trust. This is a great opportunity for the industry to survive.
My final suggestion: PLAY ONLINE POKER!!!!!! Put in extra time this week and play well . Show the US government they won’t win and we will do it just the same. In fact if your feeling really frisky make a deposit somewhere! Give some site some new business and in chat be friendly and coureous as if you were a propping there. Will it help? Who knows but it won’t hurt and it’s a heck of a lot better than moping around all day or letting you mind wader on forms of anger and depression.
Have an awesome weekend despite all the is happening! It is your choice to do so, no the DOJ’s, not Frist, Not Bush, Not Congress, not anyone else. The only one that can ruin your weekend is yourselves as a result of your own focus and thoughts! So make It an awesome weekend and don’t let these assholes effect you.
__________________
"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." - Napoleon Hill
- Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|