Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
jnovicki jnovicki is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3
Default

How does a peson contribute -$8.00 rake? You OWE them money? How does that happen as an affiliate? (sorry, new to all this affiliate lingo).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2005, 01:17 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 376
Default

Stephen,
We have talked via email. My stats suck donkey balls too. I was making more, wait let me back up, I was making about 1000% more. Right now I make 0. This was when you guys had to search through your logs for referrals and had no stats! Remember the old adv=xxxxx? I couldn't figure out the tracking then and right now the stats are very fishy.

Frankly I'm tired of it.

Click-Thrus 280
Click-Thru % 3.0%
Downloads 120
Downloads % 42.86%
Active Accounts 0
Registrations 0

I thought it might just be me, but its obviously not. Are you guys using the same software/tracking as income access?
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,694
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by aldav@Apr 19 2005, 12:43 AM
we need a pic like this
I'm not sure we need a pic of Stephen in that outfit.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

I keep hearing things like this about Paradise everywhere. Thus, I have not bothered to market them yet. I understand what "aldav" is saying...

"need something more to convince me..."
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Hi Guys

It's taken a while for me to answer only because of time differences - I am based in Australia...

OK, lets look at each of your points:

1. Aldav
You are right, that is a lot of downloads for 1 Player - our definition of a download is not good, and I am trying to fix this - currently a download is recorded everytime a Player starts the exe file. As it is started automatically from several pages, this number does not constiture the number that have completed the download process.

Despite this, you have a high number, and if u like I can try and get IT to review from where the traffic is coming from to try and get some more information..

Regarding the negative rake - the Player in question has raked 2 hands only

2. CasinoMack

I agree that your results prior to this were better. I checked your numbers for the last 3 months, and I am sure that we can match or better those in the upcoming period (it is not for me to state what your numbers are publicly, so I will not).


For any new program, you have to give it time to see results - you cannot expect the exact same conversions you all have with Party immediately - no internet marketing campaign works like that. You always need to build history on a tag, as some people may convert immediately, others take their time, and these things eventually even themselves out.

However, I will state very clearly:
1. We test our tracking daily - I personally go and test it all the time to make sure there are no mistakes being made.
2. SportingBet (owner of Paradise Poker) is a publicly traded company - we are not going to cheat any Affiliate.
3. I am open to a proper discussion on any problems any of you may be having with Paradise.

Had I not answered Aldav originally, this blasting probably wouldn't of happened, but I really do not have a problem with it - you have to try a program to test it.

Hope this helps.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Corpfan

I missed your comment, as such I will add that you are missing out on some great revenues. Many of our Affiliates are earning an extra 50% revenue from the new BlackJack product introduced. That in itself is worth it.

It's your loss - I dont know where you hear this from, but suggest that you test it personally.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
RiverStevens RiverStevens is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to RiverStevens
Default

Ok Stephen, I signed up to your affiliate program, so that I can send a ton of players to your site and have negative rake too, sounds like fun. I'm joking, but I did apply. You stated that his player only played 2 raked hands, but you still didn't explain why he generated an $8 negative rake. Could you explain that for us please, was it because he played 2 hands of blackjack and won both?



River~~~
__________________
Your one-stop poker shop
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Hi River
As with all other sites, our charges consist of:
1. Bonuses - we take off your percetage when received.
2. Processing Charges - your percentage of processing charges (about 3% of the deposit)
3. Chargebacks

I am not sure where the actual negative came from, but the above are the costs involved.

All these charges usually relate to when a new player starts - when most of the bonsues are given. Bonuses (for Players) are given when they sit at a hand - so they may have participated in 2 hands (the stat that I see), but folded early on a lot of others, meaning that he gets part of his bonus...

Hope this helps, Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 PM
RiverStevens RiverStevens is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to RiverStevens
Default

Well I'm sorry to hear that his only Real Money Player is a bonus whore, hahahahaha.

River~~~
__________________
Your one-stop poker shop
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-19-2005, 11:31 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradise@Apr 19 2005, 03:09 PM
However, I will state very clearly:
1. We test our tracking daily - I personally go and test it all the time to make sure there are no mistakes being made.
2. SportingBet (owner of Paradise Poker) is a publicly traded company - we are not going to cheat any Affiliate.
Yeh, I don't think Paradise/SportingBet is trying to cheat me/us. I really don't believe that at all.

Have you tested signing up via someones affiliate link with:

Firefox? The latest Firefox? stock install
Opera? stock install
Internet Explorer (with Norton AntiVirus Security installed--the one that blocks all cookies by default)? << this is the biggy.

Try a test through my site if you haven't already.

thanks.

I don't mean to blast, but I do hate checking my stats at Paradise, its too depressing right now . Hopefully that will change.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0