News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

So funny richard, I was just about to reference that. You beat me too the punch.

I guess they can say we can't participate in offshore lotteries or bet on turtle races in tijuana over the internet.........But you better believe any state run lottery or horse race where the feds get their cut is fine.

I hear your point Pokerprop but I don't see it as being that big of a hurdle when tax dollars are involved.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,005
Default

Very good article Jeremy. One thing I don't understand is why the Party Backgammon site closed also. I'm sure it was done because of technical whatever but you'd think that would stay open because it's all skill.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
PKing PKing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 43
Default

The big question is: can Party Poker survive two years? Even one? Has anyone looked at their numbers lately? I just don't see how the company can survive losing 90% or whatever of their revenues, I really don't. I had my accountant, who also plays poker, look over Party Poker's balance sheet, and he doesn't think that they will survive a year.
__________________
Poker King
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,229
Default

Their numbers? They are still the second largest real money ring game site! By a significant margin too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:40 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoursurfer
One thing I don't understand is why the Party Backgammon site closed also. I'm sure it was done because of technical whatever but you'd think that would stay open because it's all skill.

Calling something a "skill game" does not make it so legally.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:45 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Their numbers? They are still the second largest real money ring game site! By a significant margin too.

How many of them are playing .02/.04 NL or .05/.10 limit poker? The rake on those games are a few cents per hand. But then again, I suppose the other sites offer those same limits and are included in the stats. I havent checked them.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Calling something a "skill game" does not make it so legally.

Then that would throw out every game that is played professionally. No more playing in golf tournaments, fishing tournaments, tennis tournaments or anything for that matter.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardb
How many of them are playing .02/.04 NL or .05/.10 limit poker? The rake on those games are a few cents per hand. But then again, I suppose the other sites offer those same limits and are included in the stats. I havent checked them.

Since when did Party offer those games?
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:49 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerProp
Since when did Party offer those games?

Oct 13th.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoursurfer
Then that would throw out every game that is played professionally. No more playing in golf tournaments, fishing tournaments, tennis tournaments or anything for that matter.

Those prize pools are generated by sponsors. They are not putting up money like you do in a poker tournament or a heads up backgammon game. The skill factor is the argument True Poker and PokerStars are taking, but they will say just about anything to keep the Americans playing there. It is not a valid argument, hence the exit of the publicly traded companies.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PartyGaming Interim Results - PRTY.L Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-07-2006 10:14 AM
My Poker Affiliate Site - thoughts? pokerbribes New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 07-20-2006 08:35 PM
Jeremy = PartyGaming CEO?? richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 03-01-2006 06:12 PM
PartyGaming Investor Conference Call Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 01-13-2006 06:49 PM
PartyGaming says to trump forecasts MilanFlyer PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 10 12-09-2005 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0