Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2006, 02:37 PM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default My Poker Affiliate Site - thoughts?

I've created a new poker affiliate site ...please let me know what you all think!!

thanks

www.pokerbribes.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2006, 05:20 AM
fade fade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

needs some work, but the promotion seems like a good idea... id say work on the design, then work on your content.. and maybe a poker site will bribe you!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

What do you think I need to add? And what would you suggest in terms of design? I like simpler designs....they're always easier to navigate through
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
fade fade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

well in terms of design the header is graphically appalling, however in terms of content it looks like you are well on your way, and like i said the promo seems like a good idea, and yes, simple is easier for your browsers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

Right. Thanks for the feedback, fade. Much appreciated!
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2006, 06:50 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbribes
What do you think I need to add? And what would you suggest in terms of design? I like simpler designs....they're always easier to navigate through
The first thing that struck me were the stretched or compressed 124x40 graphics for the rooms under "step 1", almost all of them look, well, screwed up. Use better quality images and dont strech them or compress without keeping the aspect ratio the same.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

So how do you drive traffic to your site? Content is key..I know...I find that I have plenty of content, and yet, traffic has yet to really pick up. Any other suggestions?
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-20-2006, 12:53 PM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 239
Default

I'm not sure why the green bar extends all the way across at the top.

I really like the idea and the clean layout. I tried out the registration and everything worked fine.

I also went through the process for the Party Poker promotion, and everything worked as it was supposed to. During the 4 steps, everything was clearly explained, I really liked it.

If this is your first site, you're out to a great start. I'm going to look through your site more later, and I'll let you know any other problems I see.

Good luck
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

Yes, this is my first site. Thanks for your kind words!
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-20-2006, 02:49 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
I'm not sure why the green bar extends all the way across at the top.
I don't know if you did that on purpose or not, pokerbribes. Just in case not, here's how you fix it:

1. go into your css file
2. find #headercontainer. Change the width to 760px instead of 100%
3. find #menucontainter. Change the width to 760px instead of 100%

That should fix it and clean up your a bit.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poker affiliate site for sale stacksback The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 09-04-2006 10:02 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0