A plea to all affiliate managers...
I know that now is a very trying time in the industry. There's a lot of uncertainty at the moment, a lot of people are having(albiet-understandably) implusive and/or kneejerk reactions, from players, to affiliates, to gaming companies themseleves.
We also all understand that with all this uncertainty, a lot of you probably don't know what is currently going on, or do know your companies plans, but can't talk about it at this time.
All I ask, is that you all try your damndest to keep affiliates informed. If anything, affiliates are going to become even more important to you than ever before. I'm sure every affiliate on this board has had problems with lack of communication from every company one way or the other in the past. I'm not trying to point fingers here but rather cite a recent example, where I was personally informed during conversation with an affiliate manager to stop promoting Monaco Gold Casino due to legalities. You can see the thread here, where there was a lot of confusion with this whole situation, with some not knowing what was going on and still actively promoting it, others who had been told prior to this.
All I ask, is that you do your best to keep us all informed of all developments. This includes mass e-mails to all your members, threads on here letting everyone know, etc. I've spoken to a few affiliates tonight who are extremely concerned that a majority of casinos are just going to up and disappear tomorrow, with both customers and affiliates money. This is just an example of how worried many of us are in this situation.
So please, to the best of your abilities, I request that you keep us informed of all updates, of any changes at any of the sites you have under you, and how it may impact us, both in a timely fashion, and to all members at once, so there is no confusion, when you have the ability to do so.
Yours,
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
|