Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,215
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Expectations from Affiliate Managers (New Article)

There are a some new articles up on the homepage, I encourage you all to give them a read. Read up on building your database, the importance of industry conventions, and the newest article is about the expectations of our affiliate managers.

This is a must read for new poker affiliates.:

The Expectations of Poker Affiliate Managers for New Poker Affiliates
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2006, 02:51 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 621
Default

Nice article Jeremy.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:10 PM
SuperAffiliate's Avatar
SuperAffiliate SuperAffiliate is offline
Grindin'
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to SuperAffiliate
Default

Very useful article for a change
__________________
"Nobody gonna ask you where you got your dollar from, they ask you; do you have it?"



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Steven's Avatar
Steven Steven is offline
Promoter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 148
Send a message via AIM to Steven Send a message via MSN to Steven Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Send a message via Skype™ to Steven
Default

For a change??? I get a lot of use out of Jeremy's articles because he's a seasoned pro in this industry. I agree that the article was very useful for affiliates of all experience levels. Great Job Jeremy!
__________________
Meditation brings wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance...Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back - The Buddha
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
SuperAffiliate's Avatar
SuperAffiliate SuperAffiliate is offline
Grindin'
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to SuperAffiliate
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
For a change??? I get a lot of use out of Jeremy's articles because he's a seasoned pro in this industry. I agree that the article was very useful for affiliates of all experience levels. Great Job Jeremy!
I was just trying to be sarcastic. It's clear that I failed.
__________________
"Nobody gonna ask you where you got your dollar from, they ask you; do you have it?"



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Great advice Jeremy.

I was guilty of "Posting Negative Remarks in Forums" recently.

Thank god I had the good sense to apoligize right away for my unfounded remarks and now I am working closely with that very AM on some exciting and profitable projects!

Be very careful of posting negative remarks on a public forum because it will come back to haunt you.

Last edited by Dave : 08-23-2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 438
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

great atricle
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 428
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

This was a great idea. I love the topic and no one understands both sides of the fence like Mr Enke. Now it's no secret I have been on both sides myself. I was an affiliate for two years before I became an AM. I know what we are all feeling. (At least me)

When I first started I was fresh out of college, internet marketing degree in hand, and looking for a way to make cash outside my job. I was infatuated with poker and wanted to know how these companies were making money. More importantly I wanted to know how I could make money from the popularity of the game.

Time passed and I came and went. My portals grew and failed, it seemed like a delicate blend. However, I still had the longing to go deeper in the industry and learn how it all works. So I did....16 months later here I am.

What I can say in response is this. Affiliate Managers love their partners who care and help their affiliates grow their business. I know there are a lot of rooms to choose from. PokerHeaven is a small program, and I look at each affiliates site who signs up and check out how they review, promote and rank each program.

Choose a few programs that you are confident with, go to a conference and meet your AM, call them and become partners in success. Trust me, when you succeed we succeed!

Best of luck, it's going to be a fun rest of 06'
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,005
Default

Great Article, thanks Jeremy! As a newer affiliate I learned some valuable info.

Graham
BankrollBoost.com
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Great read Jeremy...I hope I can be on HALF the level you and a lot of the affiliates are already on -- someday. With articles like that, in addition to the already huge library of affiliate articles already here, I think I may be able to do it sooner than later.
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Article - 3 P's to Affiliate Marketing Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-16-2007 03:17 PM
Great affiliate article Steven General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 07-02-2006 10:16 PM
Should you trust your affiliate manager? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 03-31-2006 01:48 PM
We need affiliate managers here Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 12 08-31-2005 11:50 AM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0