Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Okay here is a hypothetical question. Let's say you have an extra $2K laying around that your going to use for marketing. Lets also say this is totally free money and you can be risky with it versus the traditional marketing that we know works.

What are some thoughts on where you could get your best return.

Personally I have never done the free $50 thing yet so I may try buying 40 real money accounts. Keep in ind I would do this because it is risk free B)

Or I would possibly purchase some ad space on twoplustwo.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Prenut Prenut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 238
Default

If I was going to do the free $50 accounts, I would certainly wait on a bonanza. That's how people can give away those all the time, as I am sure you know. The recoup all of their $50's they gave away through the bonanza, and any MGR they make is pure profit.

If I was going to be slightly risky with the money, I might try some ads on escort sites such as bigdoggie.net
I don't know if they accept gambling advertising, but it might be worth a shot. Usually people buying escorts fit the profile of gamblers, though the age might be slightly skewed towards the high end.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Joe Joe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 113
Default

Fund a party riches 2k freeroll turny, new sign ups get a sit.
__________________
just one more
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Fund a party riches 2k freeroll turny, new sign ups get a sit.

Great idea...........I'll pass. :P :P :P
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
pokerpress.com pokerpress.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Yeah we're trying to do a bit of marketing. I've approached these sites and they all do not accept gambling ads.

The Prescription
Men’s Health
Men’s Fitness
For Him Monthly (FHM)
The Motley Fool
Ask Men
Playboy
Rolling Stone
Esquire
Maxim
Sports Illustrated

But maybe a dodgy escort site wouldn't mind. Hard to spend money out there...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 494
Default

I used to advertise in the old days in the UK with FHM, Sports Illustrated, Maxim. That was in my past life, before I moved to SportingBet/Paradise Poker. The response was very good. Re escort sites, I would guess that they are like porn, theortically good for gambling, never actually profitable.
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offering an extra bonus kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 11-12-2006 02:07 PM
Anyone get an extra payment from Full Tilt? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 01-23-2006 07:03 AM
I want a new manager new2this General Poker Affiliate Discussion 32 12-05-2005 10:57 AM
$3000 extra Bonanza FeeRan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 04-04-2005 07:28 PM
10% Extra for new affiliates FeeRan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 03-18-2005 02:34 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0