Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,295
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Offering an extra bonus

Is it ok to offer members an extra cash bonus, so long as they download from your site and become a RMP? Or can this be classified as a scam tactic with the poker rooms. The reason I ask is I have seen it alot yet to me it still seems very odd that people would do this and not really know what thier return is going to be. Yet on the other hand I am thinking it will become an incentive for those to deposit seeing as its not like they will have a diffcult time reaching the bonus. Has anyone tried this and how did it work for you? Did you lose out and do the poker rooms see this as poor conduct?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 438
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

...and they can revoke your affiliate status if you do such tactics.
__________________
| AZGambler.com | Arizona's #1 Gambling Authority| "Under Construction"

--Click here for advertising on one of the Net's RISING Poker Blogs/Forums --
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,295
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Ty for replying I have seen alot of these "gimmicks" I had even recieved one once and always wondered why people give money away and how can they. So I thought I would ask first before I made any major mistakes. If that is the case than how do some of these sites do it and get away with it, do reps not check in from time to time
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2006, 10:03 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,279
Default

If you're sending 500 RMP that deposit and stick around and play every month your AM is most lickly turning the other check and prenteding not to see what's going on. On the other hand if you send 5 players a month then you may have a problem doing this. Or if you are spamming like a lot of these types of deals are offered you are in violation.

I'm not saying it's ok to do I'm saying this is what hapens in the real world...

Some rooms allow you to offer incentives for playing and it will not go against the terms to do this.

Not sure I know those rooms so I won't list them or anything.

The best thing to do is ask your AM if you can offer something. Then you will know what you are doing is legit.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2006, 02:07 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,295
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Thank you for the advice...I thought I would ask instead of doing it. You guys are a big help. I had seen this done and now understand a little more on the other end of it. I recieved one of these "bonuses" which to be honest was free money I had to earn xxxx points and would recieve another amount of money(which never actually happened) and than I could move onto the next sites and do the same thing over again.I have seen ALOT of people take this offer (talking a few hundred) I always wondered why these would be offered especially the no deposit bonuses when its not guaranteed to the person offering them if the player is going to stick around and make them money until I looked the rake I contributed. Most of the games I played were $20 SnG and multiply that by a dozen or so than add in the ring games it worked out they only lost $5 on thier inital investment on me. So I assumed that this was of a normal promo throughout the affilaites. Thank you very much helping me before I ended up making a mistake.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Great Places To Pick From Club USA Casino,Club EURO Casino,Club UK Casino Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 12 06-08-2007 04:42 AM
iNetBet is currently offering 100% to 200% Bonus Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 14 05-23-2007 07:44 AM
Poker Heaven is not just Poker Sign up Bonus $200.00 Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 7 05-08-2007 08:06 AM
New poker room offering 25$ free no deposit bonus tismi The Spam Forum 4 12-26-2006 09:47 AM
$100 free Poker Bonus no deposit required! rockpoker The Spam Forum 0 10-15-2005 02:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0