| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 09-08-2006, 11:36 PM
|
|
The up and comer
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 514
|
|
Somethin weird with Noble and Titan
So I got rid of Norton Antivirus today and downloaded the new Active Virus Shield which is prolly the top virus protection software. After scanning my computer, two of the vruses/adware that came up were from the Titan and Noble installation.
The file is called : Adware.Win32.Casino.w
Can we get an explanation from someone at Titan or Noble on why this happening?
__________________
JustinGoff.com
NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income
|
 09-09-2006, 03:24 PM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
|
|
Something similiar has happened to me. I kept getting popup advertisements at an alarming rate, something called purityscan was found on my cpu, anyway I got rid of it. Then a few days later it was back. Could'nt figure out where it came from this time. Got rid of it again but then went to Titan and boom it started all over again. Got rid of it and havent been back to Titan yet to see if they are indeed the culprit but I suspect that they are.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
|
 09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 988
|
|
Hey, someone from PAW with some pull needs to answer this. I certainly hope that Titan isn't passing along Trojan Viruses...
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
|
 09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
|
|
BryanHauer.com
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 361
|
|
I agree. I just inked a deal with Titan and have no interest in promoting them if this is the case.
Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon 
And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either.
Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
|
 09-10-2006, 10:01 PM
|
|
The up and comer
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 514
|
|
I dont think its a Trojan, but Im pretty sure it might be some adware. Im looking to get some answers from my affiliate manager, but no luck so far.
__________________
JustinGoff.com
NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income
|
 09-11-2006, 03:47 AM
|
|
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,131
|
|
I do not think the reward of advertising to current players/visitors is worth being caught doing something of this nature.
Stranger things have happened though...
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
|
 09-12-2006, 11:26 PM
|
|
BryanHauer.com
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 361
|
|
Anyone find anything about about this yet? I'm asking Chris my AM right now and will post if I find anything out.
Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon 
And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either.
Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
|
 09-13-2006, 03:28 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,166
|
|
Internet Security 6 - AV, Firewall & Anti-Spam all in one.
Best there is...
http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/trial-versions.php
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
|
 09-13-2006, 04:10 AM
|
|
Looking for my 15 minutes
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 253
|
|
Did anyone get to the bottom of this yet?
|
 09-13-2006, 07:54 AM
|
|
The up and comer
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 514
|
|
Sittin in the airport waitin for my flight to Vegas right now, so I checked out my anti-virus and heres the screenshot. THis is the same program Greg was talking about. AOL just bought it from Kaspersky.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5089/titansn5.png
__________________
JustinGoff.com
NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.
|