Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2006, 05:31 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default What Happened?

Maybe I'll get some grief for posting this thread, but it has been on my mind the past couple weeks or so.

I have been a PAW member for quite some time now, and have always enjoyed visiting the site at least twice a day to read and catch up on the daily lives of the countless affiliates here at this site. I didnt mind that I was learning quite a bit from reading it either.

And even if I wasn't learning, it was still interesting to read people's opinions and debates on different matters. I always was particularly fond of the rakeback debates, but thats because thats where my roots are.

Now I continue to visit the site, and have been fairly disapointed. I usually see people post topics / new threads that go unanswered for hours and days. I personally remember the time when each time I would return to this site, there would be 5-6 topics with a bunch of posts in them and I would enjoy just sitting back and reading up on each thread.

I am not sure what it is, but for some reason or another, the action just seemed to have died down here. Maybe people got tired of others learning their secrets and possibly being outperformed by their students. Or maybe people are caught up with more important things, which is all really fine. I have no problem with it.

I guess all I am wondering is, what happened? Where did Randy go for example? I havent seen a post by him in ages, and he is someone with a lot of knowledge that I respect. Members such as corpfan1 and georgia poker come and go.

Is there reason to still come back here frequently? I am prepaired for the firey debate that this thread my or may not spark. Either way I will stay out of most of the conversation. I just want to read whats happening with the big dog affiliates of this site, and their opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,274
Default

I think this is the biggest reason...
Quote:
Maybe people got tired of others learning their secrets and possibly being outperformed by their students.
I've seen some sites that were big when I joined last year, that are getting their ass kicked in the serps nowadays.

I posted a few good diddys early on, basically got ignored while "old wives tales" got pounced on.

Add the quote above & I said screw it!

I'm gearing up for Blitzkrieg mode on my own projects now.

No more freebies to help my competition ever again...period!
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

A lot of people are here still helping everyday. There are certain parts of the week that most people don't post as much, and of course a lot of people are gearing up for the WSOP. Its that time a year when its a good time to be on the top of the Serp's.

The reason PAW has grown to where it is at, is due to the great minds here that are always answering questions, and giving advice. I hope that this never changes.

I myself have been quite, but I will have a big announcement soon telling everyone why
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Angry

I agree with GregK.

The competition is now beyond insane, it is now ridiculous.

I for one just don't have as much time anymore as I would like, to participate in a forum such as this one.

I now have to spend most of my "work time" learning new marketing techniques and branching out into new sources of income just to earn enough to finance the life-style for which I've grown accustomed.

Earning a buck on the internet, in almost any field, is just becoming more time consuming everyday but I still wouldn't trade my "job" for anything else.

Also with almost 1000 members here probably 90% of posts are made by around 1% of members.

Stop lurking and get involved you lurkers. lol

Remember that there are no stupid questions.

You have a great opportunity here to learn from the very best in this industry if you just ask, no matter how way out there you think your ideas or comments maybe.

Don't be afraid...... I dare you......I double dog dare you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:03 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,268
Default

Posts seem about the same to me. Pretty much everything you need to know is in the archives so its a good thing the same questions aren't getting asked over and over again.

Like gk and bran said, alot of people are either playing in wsop events or working on their sites to get ready for air time.

I'd hope people continue to help each other because that's what things are about. There is a line you dont' cross but the people who work the hardest will come out ahead anyways no matter how much you help/ or don't help them. Although, everone has their secrets.

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

Hello all,

i was involved in thread similar to this one about 2 months ago, and got nothing but sarcastic remarks from the so called super affiliates or more established affiliates so to speak! Any how i wont name names but one person told me when i asked "why isnt anyone answering questions anymore here" told me i need to contribute and to basically quit asking questions and to start giving advice, well my thoughts on that were if it wasnt for people asking questions there would be no reason for this forum! I mean think about it do affiliates really need a place to go and bullshit for no reason, most affiliates (ones that are sucessfull anyways) dont have enough time on their hands to just sit around in a forum and chat, so that leaves newbies that want to learn the business and need guideance from the older affiliates, so basically if it wasnt for the newbies, this forum would not be what it is today, and if it wasnt for the excperienced affiliates hear to help, it also it wouldnt be what it is.

I also saw a remark from someone stating that he will never give any advice again, my feelings on that is give the advice, it will only make you work harder and in return will make you more money in the end!

In closing me myself got in an altercation with an affiliate here and it got out of hand to the point that i did something not so professional but i was steamed at the sarcastic remarks i was getting for giving my opinions on a topic, opinions are like assholes everyones got one and i dont think anyone should be ridiculed for giving there opinions. So basically my account was suspended and i decided to quit spending my time in the forum and to spend time making money! Now i visit the forum to catch up on things the affiliate managers have to say or news, but i dont post much anymore, and the above reasons are why!
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:17 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

Some people look at a forum like this as a leech. They ask questions for their benefit, and don't contribute anything besides that. Losing usless members like that is a good thing, not bad. Then something that happens with forums all the time is when the same question gets asked for the tenth time. The search function = your friend. No one wants to repeat themselves over and over, or worse, get bitched at because a person is too lazy to search for the answer but active enough to pout for answers from others.

I don't see any new idea threads, or new industry development threads go unanswered. Some of the repetitive ones, or promo posts pretending to be "site reviews" from first time posters don't get much action, but if nobody cares about something, then they don't care. No point in saying "you guys should be interested in Dr. Phil like I am".

Randy has a full time non-affiliate job now, so naturally he posts less.

The other developments is when the forum launched a lot of folks thought they could just say they were anaffiliate then start buying yachts. You can't. You have to work, you have to learn, and you have to stick to it. The two minute guys don't last, so to speak.

Poker affiliate issues are not normally headline stuff. There isn't some hugely fascinating thing every day. A forum like this is very great when its needed, and a more normal good thing during days where nothing new is happening. The main thing it needs though is for people to contribute if they want others to contribute.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:18 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,274
Default

I'll always help w/tech issues, just no more SEO.

You see Coke or KFC posting their recipes?

I got a secret Coke recipe I'll let go for 1.5 mil lol
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,268
Default

Right on target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Some people look at a forum like this as a leech. They ask questions for their benefit, and don't contribute anything besides that. Losing usless members like that is a good thing, not bad. Then something that happens with forums all the time is when the same question gets asked for the tenth time. The search function = your friend. No one wants to repeat themselves over and over, or worse, get bitched at because a person is too lazy to search for the answer but active enough to pout for answers from others.

I don't see any new idea threads, or new industry development threads go unanswered. Some of the repetitive ones, or promo posts pretending to be "site reviews" from first time posters don't get much action, but if nobody cares about something, then they don't care. No point in saying "you guys should be interested in Dr. Phil like I am".

Randy has a full time non-affiliate job now, so naturally he posts less.

The other developments is when the forum launched a lot of folks thought they could just say they were anaffiliate then start buying yachts. You can't. You have to work, you have to learn, and you have to stick to it. The two minute guys don't last, so to speak.

Poker affiliate issues are not normally headline stuff. There isn't some hugely fascinating thing every day. A forum like this is very great when its needed, and a more normal good thing during days where nothing new is happening. The main thing it needs though is for people to contribute if they want others to contribute.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

LOL good one GregK.

I think PPP pretty much summed it up with his great insight, as usual.

So where do we go from here?

I still want to hear something unique and outrageous from the 800 or so lurkers out there.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what happened to the bloggers tour? Holis Poker.com 1 11-14-2006 08:00 PM
Anyone KnoW What happened to cap the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 10-26-2006 09:55 AM
What happened with Google Analytics yesterday? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-23-2006 12:16 PM
What happened to Poker Heaven? PokerMaster General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-07-2006 08:52 PM
What happened to all our trackers the27offsuit.com PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 3 02-19-2006 11:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0