| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 07-08-2006, 10:18 AM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,573
|
|

Yes, that was a bit harsh and I apologize. Sorry I am hungover and sore from painting, moving, ect.
I do and have always appreciated feedback on this site, keep it coming. I just feel that sometimes individuals make posts with their own agendas.
I think Neverbeg is a great webmaster and to his credit has developed himself a nice little niche. My memory goes back very far however, and this is the same type of post that was started many months ago on a Friday afternoon that ended up turning a bunch of members against eachother and people said things they shouldn't have.
There are plenty of other negative forums out there where every other post is complaining about this program or that program. Or one afiliate is complaining about another affiliate. I have worked very hard to differentiate PAW as a place where this doesn't take place and I intend to keep it that way.
I think the recurring theme here is, if you don't like something, take inniative and change it. In regards to the initial assumptions that post counts or traffic is down, this is not factual. On a daily basis of course they could be up or down. On a weekly or monthly basis however, everything is up and continues to be growing. So kindly don't try to plant the seed that it is slower around here, because that too is false.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Last edited by Jeremy : 07-08-2006 at 10:27 AM.
|
 07-08-2006, 11:42 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 888
|
|
Booze & paint'in don't mix 
I cut myself off last night, feel'in pretty good this morning considering the amount of cerveza I consumed.
Off to the indian res & mineral pool to check out the bettys today 
__________________
You know I'm born to lose, and gamblings for fools, but thats the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever! - Lemmy
|
 07-08-2006, 11:49 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 765
|
|

I think the reason PAW appears to have less posts is simply because of one of the reasons offered above, that the "search" feature can teach you half the business if you use it. Neverbeg, this OP was totally uneccessary.
As for major SEO tips we received here? uh when was that? I remember Jeremy and Randy telling me to build good links and unique content - well guess what I took that straight to the bank, and to be honest so could anyone else.
One of the things that strikes me as weird is this: The people on top think they are always gonna stay there. Just because you are currently on top, really doesn't mean a thing in my mind.
If you slack, if you are lazy, if you are busy with something else, if you are fatigued, if you are too cocky and think your SEO can't be beat, if you underestimate your competition, well than guess what? I'll be breathing right down your neck and soon you'll be chasing my ass. That's the way it is and that's the way it's gonna be.
That's business! It's gonna happen so if you think one of your precious little seo tips is the reason you will lose all your SERPS in the next few years it isn't - it's because certain individuals that were NOT in the business a year ago are now and are trying harder to learn and succeed than anyone else.
__________________
Poker League - The Net's Hottest Poker League
|
 07-08-2006, 12:19 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 765
|
|
BTW, if someone wants to steal your SEO , they do this:
I owe you an apology
If you look on msn search and search full titl poker bonus code I come up third. www.playatfulltiltpoker.com
In a moment of bad judgment I picked your site who ranked higher than me for that key term and took thier meta description tag and modified it slightly.
I actually changed it a few hours after I uploaded, but it looks like I got crawled in that time.
I really am sorry for my bad judgemnt.
I could give your site a link to make up for it if you think that would be fair.
email me at
once again sorry and please get back to me
__________________
WPT
Full Tilt Poker
and yeh on a side note this did piss me right off. He never even replied to my reply to this, hence I think the hurtbag just wanted to tell someone he made the top 3 for the first time. And he's a rare one owning up to it, makes you wonder how many people really steal your work.
__________________
Poker League - The Net's Hottest Poker League
|
 07-08-2006, 04:52 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 30
|
|
wow
i really did want to make it right thats why i contacted you, look in msn's cache and you can somewhat see how little of a time i left it up.
i asked you to email me as i dont get a chance to come here and post often.
Report me to msn for stealing your SEO if you need to. I appologized and asked how I could make it right. It must be a bigger deal that I thought. I was under the impression that meta descriptions carried very little wieght.
Once again I ask you how I can make this right.
My site has been spidered and the meta desription shoule be changing on the serps really and anytime now. I'm suprised that it hasnt changed yet as my homepage was spired 3 days ago.
__________________
WPT
Full Tilt Poker
|
 07-08-2006, 07:30 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 765
|
|
Just dont waste my time anymore you fool. Period.
__________________
Poker League - The Net's Hottest Poker League
|
 07-08-2006, 09:00 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 145
|
|
neverbeg get hacked????
|
 07-08-2006, 09:27 PM
|
|
StinkyFishPoker.com
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,166
|
|
Looks like it, that really sucks. No matter what is going on, I never wish that on anyone. Let us know if we can help Ross.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
StinkyFishPoker.com
Sign Up Now - Stinky Fish Poker
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
|
 07-08-2006, 09:47 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,246
|
|
The formula for Coke is basically a mix of 3 flavors, actually, and it's the basis for most colas:
Obviously each cola type drink has a specific variation on that theme, but that's one of the fascinating things about it. I'm not sure that I would have been able to pick out even one of those flavors as being part of the composition of a coke.
A lot of times what happens in a forum is that people go there, ask questions, get a lot of help, then become experts, and start answering questions themselves. But after a while, they're just answering the same questions over and over again, and they get tired of that, and they move on to something else.
I do still pop in and read from time to time, but as PPP pointed out, I have a fulltime job now, and it keeps me pretty busy. It doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you guys. 
|
 07-08-2006, 09:49 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,246
|
|
Oh, yeah - by the way. The SEO version of cinnamon + vanilla + citrus = cola is this:
Content + Links + Some Common Sense = Good Search Engine Rankings
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
Search this Thread
|
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 AM.
|