| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
|
|
StinkyFishPoker.com
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,166
|
|
Great point PPP, you have really been a blessing to this forum. Never once have you ever asked for help (although if you ever somehow needed it, I know there is a bunch of us who would owe you anything) and you are always there to answer any question.
Gregk, I understand you point, and can't fault you for it. If your making a living out of this, then you gotta watch what you say. I myself have had a run in with a member that I helped a lot to get started, and then they went after me. Makes you think twice, but as I have said before, I am here to help anyone at anytime, just ask and you got it.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
StinkyFishPoker.com
Sign Up Now - Stinky Fish Poker
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
Last edited by Brandon : 07-08-2006 at 11:55 AM.
|
 07-07-2006, 11:39 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
|
|

Quote:
|
Originally Posted by PPP
Some people look at a forum like this as a leech. They ask questions for their benefit, and don't contribute anything besides that. Losing usless members like that is a good thing, not bad. Then something that happens with forums all the time is when the same question gets asked for the tenth time. The search function = your friend. No one wants to repeat themselves over and over, or worse, get bitched at because a person is too lazy to search for the answer but active enough to pout for answers from others.
I don't see any new idea threads, or new industry development threads go unanswered. Some of the repetitive ones, or promo posts pretending to be "site reviews" from first time posters don't get much action, but if nobody cares about something, then they don't care. No point in saying "you guys should be interested in Dr. Phil like I am".
Randy has a full time non-affiliate job now, so naturally he posts less.
The other developments is when the forum launched a lot of folks thought they could just say they were anaffiliate then start buying yachts. You can't. You have to work, you have to learn, and you have to stick to it. The two minute guys don't last, so to speak.
Poker affiliate issues are not normally headline stuff. There isn't some hugely fascinating thing every day. A forum like this is very great when its needed, and a more normal good thing during days where nothing new is happening. The main thing it needs though is for people to contribute if they want others to contribute.
|
I am sorry but I have to disagree completely with you here. I usually think the majority of your posts are very negative and condescending. I basically took your leech comment in the beginnning as a statement saying that all the newbies or guys still trying to learn the business to essentially leave.
Of course people want to ask questions for their benefit, but at the same time, they ask questions for the benefits of all the members who might be too timid to ask themselves, because they get the wrath of the immortal god of poker affiliating PPP to give his usual angry banter.
I think instead of just automatically agreeing with whatever PPP has to say, some people should go out on a stand for themselves and tell people what they really think. Because if you never go out on a limb, and hide behind the strong, than you will never have any success in this game.
No one can be honest here and say that this forum is as active as it was 6 months ago. I feel like it's two completely different forums, to be brutally honest. I am not posting this with any ill feelings towards PPP or any other poster in particular. In reality, I am just pissed that for some reason I come to this forum 3 - 4 times a day, sometimes more, and see the same posts just sit there, go unanswered, or un-noticed.
I feel like I have learned a lot from this site, and I am not scared or hesitant to tell anyone anything that they want to know. I still feel like I dont know that much, but if any member on this site were to ever come up to me and ask anything, I know I would certainly do my best to assist them as best I can. I dont think i am a wiz when it comes to this by any means as I think I have a good site / niche / idea on my hands, yet cant really seem to break even on it yet. I guess that's why I am still hear, checking the site up to 5 times a day, in hopes of learning something, and not being a "leech" is PPP puts it. And hopefully I can teach somebody something as well.
|
 07-07-2006, 11:44 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,213
|
|
asdfasd
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
 07-07-2006, 11:46 PM
|
|
StinkyFishPoker.com
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,166
|
|
Yes PPP's comments maybe a brash sometimes, but what you didn't mention is that he has answered more questions than anyone here. And his answers are always the smart way, obviously there are going to be different ways of doing it, but he gives a to the point answer that if followed will succeed.
I agree 100% though that every member matters. My advice to new members is to use the search first, and if that topic didn't answer your question, bump it back to the top with your question. A thread with 8 three month old posts seems to be answered quicker then a brand new post.
Just my assessment, not saying I am right or wrong.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
StinkyFishPoker.com
Sign Up Now - Stinky Fish Poker
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
|
 07-07-2006, 11:55 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 536
|
|
Yeh on my vacation with bill gates at the moment, be back with you all soon....
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
|
 07-08-2006, 12:24 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
|
|
I think I have learned the most by putting different ideas from others together because you will never get answers for questions like "how do I rank for Party Poker".
I started out in this forum asking for help b/c my party poker account was frozen and I rightfully didnt get any help. I have learned a lot since then and have managed to earn a lot of money with not too much effort.
You have to remember that we are in direct competition so it is not so easy to be eager to help others when it will hurt you. I would love if we could put our ideas together and all make money but that is not reality...
tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
|
 07-08-2006, 02:38 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
|
|

I take the liberty to post a few statements about discussions. First, I don't really post replies or ask questions on PAW, but I follow the news that resonates through the forum.
First, let me chime in and say this about PAW: This site is probably the best thing to happen in the poker affiliate industry. Jeremy has said this in the past, but I will say it again. I can tell you with the greatest confidence that a number of highly successful affiliates and big name sites read (some even post) these forums every day. Even if people aren't posting 20 new threads, replying immediately, etc, this forum allows genuinely intellectual people to share a medium level of advice on how to succeed as a poker affiliate, which is potentially beneficial to everyone.
Although I very much agree with sharing industry related information, I am always a bit concerned that sharing the right (or wrong) search engine optimization strategies can be harmful. Naturally, I believe that sharing data that isn't potentially harmful to your brand is acceptable, as long as your tips continually increase and solidify your professional relationships and the community in which you share it.
Ultimately, I would never share my SEO tricks, even though many of them are obvious and readily available. However, at least at PAW, I think most affiliates do their best to provide a partitioned amount of assistance to members, sort of like a karma principle of what goes around comes around.
I think PAW will grow in the coming months, and current members will have even more resources to help them prosper in their objective to become producing affiliates.
__________________
Rice
Last edited by Brandon : 07-08-2006 at 02:46 AM.
|
 07-08-2006, 02:53 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,200
|
|

"I am sorry but I have to disagree completely with you here. I usually think the majority of your posts are very negative and condescending. I basically took your leech comment in the beginnning as a statement saying that all the newbies or guys still trying to learn the business to essentially leave."
That's your problem, not mine. You make a dumb assumption, and why is that my fault. You see, that is a key problem. You are just thinking about yourself. You are even complaining because you are being disappointed. DO something, don't whine, and don't blame others for problems you see. Be the change you want to be.
"Of course people want to ask questions for their benefit, but at the same time, they ask questions for the benefits of all the members who might be too timid to ask themselves, because they get the wrath of the immortal god of poker affiliating PPP to give his usual angry banter."
Since I'm the least angry guy here, once again, don't put your agenda on me. This is a community (or should be). It's not someplace where successful people seek to create competitors. A question can certainly be an individual one, but ideally questions should be something we all benefit from. Clearly you don't think that way, which is unfortunate, I think.
"In reality, I am just pissed that for some reason I come to this forum 3 - 4 times a day, sometimes more, and see the same posts just sit there, go unanswered, or un-noticed."
What, specifically? Back up your assertion. What posts that you think deserve response don't get response... and also, what did you do about it?
"I guess that's why I am still hear, checking the site up to 5 times a day, in hopes of learning something, and not being a "leech" is PPP puts it. And hopefully I can teach somebody something as well."
That's not what I said, and you know it if you know how to read. The point is give and take, not just take take take. The lurkers who just want to leech are of no concern to me, unless they are rank amateurs who don't even know enough to ask a question that would make any real sense. Forums like this will always have parasites who only want to take take take, but I for one sure as hell couldn't care less about them. I'll ignore their posts all I want because I happen to make decisions about my life.
Encouraging people to be active is nice. Complaining that people don't care about what you care about is foolish.
"If it weren't for the "leeches" there wouldn't be any discusssion"
Baloney. Leeches don't discuss. They take. Leeches contribute nothing. In contrast, novices who want to contribute bring some of the best energy there is to the forum, largely because they are enthusiastic and think they are part of a "group". Being a part of a like-minded group is a cool thing when in a solitary business. Sadlky for them, leeches never get that. They just want to get benefit for themselves. The rest of us aren't here to make money for some leech, just like the rest of us don't make content so some theif can steal it.
"Discussions" occur because people who want to discuss and issue end up discussing it. A leech would be happy if they got the answer "thirty seven" and nobody else saw it, and then they deleted the whole thread so they could save the gem all for themselves. You can cry hot tubs of tears for them, but I'd rather contribute and learn from people who are open, homest and generous in their attitudes and contributions. To each his own.
|
 07-08-2006, 09:32 AM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,573
|
|

Wow, I have been moving the last few days and haven't been around much so it looks like I missed out on all the debate.
Ross, if you don't think the quality of the discussions here are what they should be.......................then do something about it. Every other post you make lately does 1 of 2 things. Either you're bitching about something or trying to sell advertising on Neverbeg. Consider the ad dollars that you make directly from being able to solicit advertising on PAW a priviledge. Regardless of what other members think about your post, I am a little offended for this reason alone.
I give you an open platform to basically solicit free advertising and never say say shit about you bumping your advertising posts......................... and you repay me by bashing the community I have built?
Last time I checked the post counts haven't gone down and the membership cotinues to grow. Likewise there are alot of positive things going on here at PAW and after the WSOP there are going to be a lot of big things happening. If you want to see more thought provoking posts, feel free to start them.
It's obvious you're trying to stir up some controversy and fire stuff up at PAW which is fine, every online community needs that once in a while. However, If you have a beef with someone on staff at PAW (which I know you do) then take it up in a PM instead of bashing the entire community.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Last edited by Brandon : 07-08-2006 at 11:42 AM.
|
 07-08-2006, 09:48 AM
|
|
Poker Insider
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 52
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Jeremy
I give you an open platform to basically solicit free advertising and never say say shit about you bumping your advertising posts......................... and you repay me by bashing the community I have built?
|
Isn't this pretty harsh Jeremy? Even if I'm not sure what NeverBeg's (Russ right?) intentions were, isn't feedback just welcome? Though, everyone should realize that there are times when the forum idea won't drive the traffic as it has done few months ago, and you can find the reasons from outside. It's summer, it's the World Cup, etc.
Myself I'm not complaining, I have found answers on everything I wanted. If someone has questions they have usually received an answer. If there's nothing to talk about, isn't it better not to talk then? At least I would hate a forum become full of some shit that even the topic's starter don't care about.
Anyway, I think nobody should be complaining about the other people's posting, you can always post yourself.
__________________
"Nobody gonna ask you where you got your dollar from, they ask you; do you have it?"
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
Search this Thread
|
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 AM.
|