Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2005, 01:41 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 463
Default

I know that some affiliates offer players rake back agreements and have them sign up as sub affiliates and then use the bonus code that they generate. So the new sub technically gets referred by himself and then is paid directly into his account, and then the master affiliate may pay him more.

Isnt this clearly fraudulent?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:27 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,628
Default

Yup.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2005, 08:26 AM
pokerplayersreview pokerplayersreview is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Sure it is, read any terms and conditions of the affiliate program and it'll clearly state it...and in some cases the affiliates are posting this major No-No front and center on the affiliate page. I've heard of one site that supposedly supports rake back from an affiliate but I've never checked into it to confirm it so its possible it was a blatant lie to attract subaffiliates.

In my opinion those who offer rake back should be exposed to the affiliate manageres simply because it destroys the business model for those of us trying to actually make long term money here.

Poker Players Review
http://www.pokerplayersreview.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-17-2005, 04:27 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 463
Default

even a legitimate rake back site like myself?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-2005, 04:52 PM
pokerplayersreview pokerplayersreview is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Default

If you operate under an affiliate agreement that supports rake back then more power to you, I'm talking about the affiliates of sites that explicity forbid it. I thought I was clear on that but I guess not.

To be as clear as possible: If you offer rake back under an affiliate agreement that forbids it then I am absolutely against it because it takes money out of the rest of our pockets.



Poker Players Review
http://www.pokerplayersreview.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-2005, 05:24 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 463
Default

Yes sir I completely agree. I had a run in with a junk affiliate today and it really hacked me off. Everything I do has been specifically okay'd by my account manager.

I am with you on reporting though, there are people who have this stuff right out in the open and it is clearly forbiden
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for Incentive Affiliates Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 31 03-27-2007 05:53 PM
Question of Legalitys for you US affiliates Zabulus General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 01-12-2007 01:34 PM
Question For Website Creators/ Affiliates chern900 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 10-11-2006 12:11 PM
Question For Rakeback Affiliates JohnG General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-14-2006 12:34 AM
Question for Stephen from Paradise Affiliates EdBankz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 07-25-2005 09:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0