
Travel is a huge industry if you can compete. It dwarfs most other industries in terms of worldwide revenue figures. (I think the transient hotel market alone worldwide is over $200 billion, and that's literally JUST hotel stays for leisure travel. Business and group travel is above and beyond that, and there's an entire airfare, rail, and car sector to think about too.) The percentage of that revenue that you can tap into is pretty limited, especially since all the consolidation in the industry. Someone with a good concept could do well in content, but honestly, if I were running a travel site, I'd probably monetize it through Google Adwords.
Porn is still a huge industry although the amounts of traffic that result in a conversion are FAR different from what you see in other industries. 1 signup in 200 isn't unusual in a lot of industries, but you might only see 1 signup in 1000 or worse in porn. Great money in it if you can dominate a niche, but it's an almost totally different market to target in terms of developing links and traffic.
I think poker will continue to be huge, and indeed, any form of online wagering, including casino, sportsbetting, and skill games like backgammon and World Winner and Skill Palace type websites.
Anything in the financial industry is huge but extremely competitive. Same with dating.
One trend that I think might be profitable to tap into right now is satellite radio. I'm not sure what kind of affiliate programs XM or Sirius are offering, but I think it's something that hasn't peaked yet, definitely.
Another trend that's already huge but is only going to get bigger is any personal health related industry. People are living longer, and they have higher expectations from their quality of life.
Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. You only need 1 good idea to make a $million.
|