Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,246
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default PokerStars Echecks......So Annoying

I made a few deposits at PokerStars back in August via their convenient Echeck method. Today I got a couple emails that the checks never cleared and now they will be debiting them out of my account 2 1/2 months later. It's only a couple hundred dollars and obviously I made the deposits so by all means I don't mind paying.

It's pretty annoying though that 2 1/2 months later we are getting emails saying money is going to be withdrawn now. I understand they probably had a problem with the payment processor which is fine. But I would think a company with the reputation of Stars would have been able to get this taken care quicker than 2-3 months later.

Working with poker players for the past 5 years too, I can only imagine the amount of chargebacks Stars is going to get when they do start debiting accounts.

I love Stars, but I would be annoyed at any online merchant who didn't clear my check or debit card for 2 1/2 months.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I made a few deposits at PokerStars back in August via their convenient Echeck method. Today I got a couple emails that the checks never cleared and now they will be debiting them out of my account 2 1/2 months later. It's only a couple hundred dollars and obviously I made the deposits so by all means I don't mind paying.

It's pretty annoying though that 2 1/2 months later we are getting emails saying money is going to be withdrawn now. I understand they probably had a problem with the payment processor which is fine. But I would think a company with the reputation of Stars would have been able to get this taken care quicker than 2-3 months later.

Working with poker players for the past 5 years too, I can only imagine the amount of chargebacks Stars is going to get when they do start debiting accounts.

I love Stars, but I would be annoyed at any online merchant who didn't clear my check or debit card for 2 1/2 months.
That really sucks. The worst part is that with the lousy stars affiliate stats, it's possible that we'll have no way of knowing if they end up reducing the number of qualified CPA players to cover any chargebacks for previous months. All they list is number of signups, depositors and qualifiers per day....no information on whether a depositor/qualifier is from this month or a year ago, so no way to know if numbers get reduced here and there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,439
Default

Really thought STARS was going to clean up their affiliate program a long time ago...I was actually very excited for a while. Now I realize this isn't going to happen.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

I still have faith that Carly and the affiliate team over at Stars will roll out something soon enough.

But I can clearly understand everyone's frustration with the eCheck system. When they re-released the option a few weeks ago I deposited, and the money STILL isn't out of my bank account yet. Then after a few days, the option disappeared from my Cashier screen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Really thought STARS was going to clean up their affiliate program a long time ago...I was actually very excited for a while. Now I realize this isn't going to happen.
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
PFO PFO is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 126
Default

Yeah, this is very annoying!
__________________
Find information on Carbon Poker Freerolls and BoDog Freerolls at the highest ranking freeroll site.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2007, 01:02 AM
cogger cogger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 142
Default

A freind of mine made a deposit 08/25. Funds where never taken. He got the notice on 9/21. Funds where debited about 10 days after.

I checked my account and eCheck is a working option for me but it states limited. Don't know, I hav'nt tried it
__________________
Poker Master
Leaderboard Manager

Last edited by cogger : 10-21-2007 at 01:03 AM. Reason: .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
bg bg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 78
Default

Should be an easier process with most major poker sites in the next 6 months.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Carly - Stars's Avatar
Carly - Stars Carly - Stars is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 53
Default

Hi All,

I have tried to find out as much as I can to help with this.

Recently, our eCheck processor has been experiencing technical difficulties.

These issues have resulted in delays processing eCheck deposits.
The technical problems are being resolved with our eCheck processor and all deposits that have not yet been withdrawn from players' bank accounts are now being debited. This will result in funds being withdrawn from your bank account well after you made your eCheck deposit request at PokerStars.

The debit from your bank account for the deposits will show up on your
bank statement as: %DESCRIPTOR

Please ensure there are enough funds available in your bank account to coverthe eCheck deposit above as well as all other delayed eCheck deposits you receive notification for. If there are not enough funds available, this will result in NSF transactions and fees being charged by your bank.

I am so sorry for the delay in reply and the problems this has caused.

If you need any more information please let me know and I will try to find out more!

Thanks,
Carly
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is online now
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 530
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Anyone know which US sites accept echeck?
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 AM
cogger cogger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Anyone know which US sites accept echeck?
Good ques. 1st I have heard of them was at Stars, so I thought they may be a private bank for Stars itself. But I have not done my research throughly as I have not needed funds. Any website for them?
__________________
Poker Master
Leaderboard Manager
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daniel Negreanu's FCP moving to Pokerstars deepak7 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 06-14-2007 02:56 AM
PokerStars and Oceans 13 Charity Events Carly - Stars PokerStars.com 1 05-11-2007 08:34 PM
PokerStars - No More Echecks Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 01-25-2007 01:10 AM
Pokerstars Related Traffic for Sale SharkScope The Poker Affiliate Exchange 12 12-15-2006 10:26 PM
PokerStars Scamming? PokerKhan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 12-11-2006 02:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0