Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
My gross income before deductions is $40,000
This is all self-employed income... you haven't pay any taxes on this?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Sorry double post.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,436
Default

Well, this is my first year of doing this full time...I have added a bit of S-E income to previous year's but my main income in previous years was being a full-time teacher.

As of January 1st I quit and am doing this full-time, so no I haven't paid any instalments or anything yet for 2007.

The $40,000 was just an example.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,436
Default

Here is a link I found that seems like a quick and easy Guestimator of taxes in Canada:

http://www.taxtips.ca/taxcalculator.htm


Dave, can you look it over and tell me is it a good little tool to get a rough idea of what might be owed and how RRSP/deductions can affect the amount payable?

Thanks!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,544
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
So if I do the full amount...can it OVEREXCEED helping me reduce my taxable income? Is that possible?

Just curious...

Rough example...

I can contribute $18,000

My gross income before deductions is $40,000


How does the math work roughly for this? Just so I get an idea of how the RRSP affects stuff.

Thanks!
From previous years 35,000 usually ends up with roughly 5500 in fed tax ( at most) The way I have looked at with myself is for every $1200 in RRSP`s you are likely to knock off $250 of your amount owing. Mind you that $5500 or so always had close to $1300 return without adding the RRSP stuff

Just an estimate because yours depends on your tax bracket. I am sure you would move up one level than the example I have given because you would than be the PartB on your federal tax worksheet meaning higher rates now.

Also dont forget I believe you still have to contribute to CPP
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:18 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,436
Default

If accurate the TAX CALCULATOR link above seems to work pretty well.

I am really just trying to get an idea of how much to put aside for:

TAXES

RRSP

Christmas shopping (lol)


...so that I know how much Kraft Dinner I can afford in January! LOL
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Hypothetically,

http://www.taxtips.ca/tax_rates.htm#FAQRRSPSavings

$40,000 = 4453 federal.... 2340 provincial = $6793

An 18k RRSP contribution would leave your taxable income for the year at 22k

$22,000 = approx. 1400 federal.... 630 provincial = $2030

A savings of $4760

Taking into account CPP and EI premiums.

About $4000 is savings.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2007, 12:00 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,436
Default

Plus an additional maximum of $3,979.80 for CPP right??

No EI for self-employed right?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-18-2007, 12:05 AM
JohnG JohnG is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 179
Default

Hey Chris,

I am in Toronto and have a really good/nice accountant that does the accounting for my catering company. He is located at Eglinton and Bayview and his name is Joseph Cass. His number is 416-440-1600. My aunt is the receptionist there that's how I first found out about them. I am pretty sure that he would be happy to work with you doing your taxes for your affiliate revenues. Anyways, hope that helps, John.
__________________
Online Blackjack | Blackjack Strategy | Blackjack Odds

Omaha Poker |

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Oops you're right Corp,

No EI premiums or benefits for us self-employed and I believe 9.5% CCP premiums if I remember correctly?

So on $40,000 self-employed income even with an $18k RRSP deduction you will have to pay about $6000

Not taking into account your business related deductons which may bring your total down a tad.

Welcome to Canada.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Las Vegas Tips JohnG General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-15-2007 10:51 PM
Website 'Stickiness' tips and News gPowell New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 09-27-2006 04:11 PM
Tips to get sub pages to rank highly J S Search Engine Optimization 3 12-30-2005 12:18 PM
SAFETY TIPS FOR WOMEN Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 1 12-03-2005 12:12 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0