Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
GazMan GazMan is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 45
Send a message via MSN to GazMan
Default Hesperia Tower Hotel for CAP is a joke

Ok, so we arrive in Barcelona and find the Hesperia Tower to be a really really cool hotel.

That was until money (6k USD and 1k EUR) was stolen from my travel wallet, inside my laptop bag, obviously by the maid.

These things happen, and although it's a decent amount of money, it's not the end of the world. What makes me sick angry is that the hotel doesn't give a flying fuck about it and laughed when I asked for the police to be notified (I need a police report in order to have a chance at claiming travel insurance). The hotel manager was very angry when I suggested the maid (OBVIOUSLY) stole from me. He said his staff were honest, and I was dishonest, and basically won't help in any way.

I hope that CAP will not have a convention here again. I won't be back at this hotel.
__________________
Gareth
www.888.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:39 PM
GazMan GazMan is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 45
Send a message via MSN to GazMan
Default

Don't Leave Anything Valuable In Hesperia Hotel Rooms!
__________________
Gareth
www.888.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 PM
bg bg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 78
Default

Did you tell Warren and Lou? That stinks. Don't let it put a rain cloud on your trip though.


BG
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:11 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,404
Default

7K would put several rain clouds on MY trip!

Good luck with the situation...that really sucks!

I would be taking that hotel to town.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 363
Default

Barcelona is a beautiful city - full of culture, history & beautiful girls! Unfortunately that city has a major problem with theft. In my short time in Barcelona I have witnessed: (1) a fake fight in an Internet cafe used as a decoy to distract some Canadian tourists while someone else stole their hand bag, (2) waking up on the floor of the train station huddled in a group of my friends (no I'm not a homeless bum, it was during the World Cup last summer :P) to find that most of use were missing our shoes, (3) a friend losing all his valuables when thieves (friends with the landlord perhaps?) got into his "luxury apartment" without any damage to his door!
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2007, 01:28 AM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default

7k?! OMG! I would kill that maid!!!!!

How can they laugh when you asked for the police?

Well, My experience of spanish people.... I shouldn't even say. When I see them here in Sweden I just laugh. They are the only Europeans that can't order a meal at McDonalds if I say so...

Welcome back to the middle ages.
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses

Last edited by 3jokers : 10-04-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Caveat empor pal.

I've had money, solid silver lighters and cameras stolen in hotel rooms from all corners of the earth.

It's the same old story everywhere you go.

How much do you think maids make in any country?

Are they tempted to steal what is left right under their nose and possibly get away with it?

Scoop and deny..... can you blame them for being human.

You are responsible for securing your valuables.

You can't blame the hotels.

Have a great trip GazMan.

Poor and desperate people are everywhere....... watch out for yourselves.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Darko Darko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 254
Default

ahhh man............sorry to hear this

this is why most good hotels have a safe in the room, im staying in the fira suites (part of the Hesperia) and they have them, so i guess you prob have one too
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 104
Default

Wow that sucks. If you want to make a police report in English, ring 902 102 112. It's a national number that works from anywhere in the country. You'll need to tell them what police station you will pick the police report up in.

As to getting the crime investigated, I'm still trying to figure that out.
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,491
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jokers View Post

Well, My experience of spanish people.... I shouldn't even say. When I see them here in Sweden I just laugh. They are the only Europeans that can't order a meal at McDonalds if I say so...

Welcome back to the middle ages.
Ya slightly tacky there don't you think? That stuff can happen anywhere and does on a regular basis.

Sorry to hear about your problems, hopefully you can get your claim and sort it out.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Joke' Blog Post Hits Google Hard!! mftpg The Cocktail Lounge 4 07-17-2007 11:43 AM
Hillary and a cowboy (joke) kaus The Cocktail Lounge 0 04-29-2007 10:31 AM
You have got to kidding me - must be a joke! corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-13-2006 06:32 PM
Gay Poker is here - no joke Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 09-24-2006 11:07 AM
Why PartyPoker is a joke! ClarkePromotions General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 07-08-2006 05:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0