| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 09-28-2007, 04:30 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
|
|
working schedule
My main occupation is running a tennis academy in Turkey, in a big holiday resort. 2-3 hours of tennis coaching a day, some office work, working on my affiliate business app. 2 hours a day. 7 months season, and after the season I head back to Germany for two weeks, then I'll probably be off to the Carribean for a while ....
Sure beats the hell out of working 9 to 5 with three weeks of vacation every year. But the most important thing IMHO is the quality of life while you are working, and the freedoom to work hard when you feel like it, and take some time out whenever you have the opportunity to do something else that 's fun !
|
 09-28-2007, 09:46 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 413
|
|

i roll into the office around 9:30 am, which is at my 2nd home that we use as an office and rent to a friend of mine who i went to high school with. It is so nice being able to get out of the house to go to work, especially since I have two small children at home and let's be honest, no real work would get done if i stayed at home to work. My office is 15 mins away, so it's perfect.
I spend an hour or two hours reading up on interesting news, stories and of course the boards here at PAW and then my business partner and I try to do a quick conference call to line up our projects and see where we need to focus our time.
I work usually until around 6pm here at the office, although it is not uncommon for me to take a half day off or to stay and work late if i'm in the zone on a project and the family doesn't mind. I try to add at least one quality piece of content somewhere on one of our sites each and every day, or at least make progress on a piece of content / project.
I'm lucky like Kyle that I do enjoy the work, and especially the SEO aspect of internet marketing. I am trying to spend at least 2 full days per developing niches outside of poker / gambling with only minimal success so far. We have one site that gets sick traffic(1k uniques per day) but makes squat for money and I'm researching the good internet marketers (like andre chaperon) to see what they are doing and try to find something that works. At least we have somewhat of a test bed site that we can try new things on (like the peelaway ads Jeremy's got on his blog now) and see what we can do to monetize it.
I started in sales out of college with a criminal justice degree from UGA... haha i totally wasted that degree, don't use it at all but the sales experience I learned has been very valuable (but god i hated sales). I couldn't imagine going back to work for the man. I also co-own a 'brick and mortar' business but it is related to poker itself, a live poker league, and essentially one of our mantras has been to create useful tools and resources that we need for our live poker league and make them available for others (ie the poker dealing course ebook, the tournament director ebook and the poker leaderboard).
Anyway, to those of you who are just starting out... if this isn't your full time job, it should be your part time hobby! One day, if you stick to it and learn everything you can here from these boards and the other quality boards online then the hobby can turn into a nice full time career, and the freedom / flexibility that comes along with it is extremely nice.
__________________
J S
Poker League Software - Easily create and update a leaderboard for your league!
Learn to Deal Poker like a Pro - an online training course for poker dealers.
How to Run Poker Tournaments - an online training course for poker tournament directors.
Poker Directory - list your quality poker site.
|
 09-28-2007, 11:07 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 639
|
|
I work when I want to work not when I feel I have to work.
How Kyle described it is the same for me, its like a game to me also and I find myself wanting to work a lot. In fact sometimes I'll have only been in bet 4 hours and I'll wake up with an idea on my mind and find myself debating about how tired I am, yet how excited I am to get out of bed and accomplish something - Almost always the excitement wins - Its a good thing for football season though because sometimes the lay on the couch and watch football all day wins on Saturdays and then my mind is rested and in no hurry to get up on Sundays so usually I'll sleep late and wake up in time for 2nd half of the early games on Sundays. If it was not for this I would burn myself out so much because I really like to work.
I also take a week or two off at times and its usually not so much that I want to but its that I need to because my brain just becomes mush after a lot of long back to back days strung together.
__________________
- Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
- Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
|
 09-28-2007, 06:20 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 103
|
|
12pm-9pm: Work
10:30pm-4am (ish): Site, Poker
4:30am-10:30am Sleep
Repeat
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
|
 09-30-2007, 04:49 AM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9
|
|
Love this forum
hey guys, i love threads like this because there is only one word to describe it...inspirational.
My hours...2 hours of surfing on this forum, others, anything i can. make no money!! haha. I did run a site i bought off of someone promoting the free bankroll on party. I got the site 10 days before the whole thing fell through, made a quick $1000. Got screwed by the bum on the site but it really got me into the whole online marketing thing.
I still have sleepless nights because i know what i want to do(this), but i feel like i have no time or motivation while im in school right now. On top of all that....im so broke and have debt stacking by the day. O well, soon i will post my work day on here like the rest of you guys. Great thread, even better forum. Thanks!
|
 09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,190
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit2685
hey guys, i love threads like this because there is only one word to describe it...inspirational.
|
I was coming here to write that. I think this one is a bookmark for those days where you question is it worth it? Is the lack of sleep, the amount of time spent online and struggling really worth it in the end?
I think it will be and this have become one of my favs from PAW!
btw very nice post Dave
__________________
|
 10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 370
|
|
I haven't had a real 9-5 job since 1999. Been living off the internet using affiliate programs/seo ever since. Most of my time is focused on stocks and managing $ for friends and family.
So I wake up look at stocks, during the day look for stocks I think are going to make a move, and at night I look at what moved/look for new ideas.
I'm a slave to that world. Poker pays the bills.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
|
 10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 155
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHigh Pino
I walked in, put in a 15-minute notice --
|
Man!.. I was drinkin' hot tea when I read this!
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
|
 10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,190
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasinoMack
So I wake up look at stocks, during the day look for stocks I think are going to make a move, and at night I look at what moved/look for new ideas.
|
...omg does that ever sound like the first two months starting this. First thing check all affiliate accounts andwaste time doing so, than a few hours later check again and just like first go nothing. Than later the same pattern. Finally month 3 hits and you dont bother cause you know its really not gonna change. Month 4 and your back to checking tarffic OCD.
__________________
|
 10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
|
|
The Constant Learner
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 396
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHoldem
Man!.. I was drinkin' hot tea when I read this!
|
My boss was drinking coffee and nearly choked on the sip he was taking when I told him, lol. The look on his face is still one of those things that will prob never escape my memories, 
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.
|