Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 156
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

I try to stick to a regular work schedule of around 9-5. I know some people don't like regular schedules, but I seem to stay on task better this way.

I pick up my favorite coffee on the way to the office (Dunkin Donuts) and usually arrive around nine. I start out by answering e-mails and then start working on a to-do list. As I get to work, I always come up with more and more to do, which helps me stay busy. I also make sure to spend some time on here, which is one of the best tools out there.

I think Internet Marketing is a pretty tuff job to beat. I absolutely love it and couldn't imagine working a typical 9-5 job.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,971
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I think it's hard to say what a "typical work day" is in this business. But here was the best I could come up with.

http://jeremyenke.com/2007/10/01/a-d...f-jeremy-enke/
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Poker For Free
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 112
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

I still work 4 days a week from 9-5, since I just stepped into the affiliate business just over a year ago not knowing what world to enter at all.

The first reason I started my site was to finance my poker bankrolls, but I soon realized that there is much more money in this business than I personally can ever make playing poker.

About one month ago (yes it took me so long to realize) I completely gave up playing poker, even for entertainment. I now have zillions of time to spent working on my site(s), plus my wife and two year old boy, which is something I really enjoy.

Because of my recent guerrilla marketing approach I have seen revenue rise, and have become even more motivated. I finally started developing my other projects which are going to be something different - you'll see.

Anyway, as you can understand there is no typical workday for a part time affiliate like me. I spent working on my site(s) for about 3-4 hours on a regular working day. On Friday I spent the whole day with my son, and we go for a swim in the morning. When he takes his nap I have some time to go through some minor things. Weekends, mostly I spent the days with my family, and in between as much as I can do on the site.


I have an office room in the house, but since I try to do as much as I can you will find me sitting downstairs on the couch with my Mac on my lap many times.

If you are new to this business, there are a couple of things I like to share:
  • Don’t give up! It will take a lot of time and effort before you may have success, but when it comes… it comes!
  • Set your goals. I have read this many times here at PAW, and it’s really motivating.
  • Go to a conference at least once a year. I went to Amsterdam last spring, and talking to your affiliate managers changes the whole thing. Besides, for me personally it actually all began after I visited the CAC.
  • Become a frequent visitor of PAW. Even if you don’t post, there’s a whole lot of interesting information to read.
My goal for next year: keep working 2 days a week for the company I work for, for social and learning aspects, and 2 whole days on my sites + the usual hours. I'm gonna make this happen!
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Online Pokeren
Poker Chips
HighStakers.com
PokerKudos.com
Best Online Casino's
NBA Live Leagues
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39
Default Work Day!

Whew! I've been thinking about this for a couple days now. Here's as regular a day as they come:

5:30-6AM Wake up, grab a cup of coffee, check the calendar to see what the day holds.
6AM - 7:45 Get the kids up, dressed & fed. Clean up b-fast
7:45-8:30 Walk son to kindergarden
8:30-9:30 Run 3-5 miles with stroller & 2 yr old
10-11:30 Shower, answer e-mail, voicemail & check forums
11:30 - 12:30 Fix lunch, feed kid(s) & clean up lunch
12:30 - 2:30 time with 2 yr old, work on web site, clean house, yard work
2:30 - 3:30 Walk to school to pick up son
3:30 - 4:30 Snacks for kids, read books, get kids down for nap
4:30 - 6pm Fix dinner, answer e-mail, voicemail, work on web site
6-7 Sports practice, meetings, etc 3 days/week
7-9 dinner & family time

When I'm stressed about where the web site is or work that needs to be done - it happens at night. I do a lot of writing from 2-6AM. Pathetic, but true!
__________________
Michele
http://UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheating by a affiliate website akhil_jks General Poker Affiliate Discussion 93 09-29-2007 03:03 AM
$3000 Daily Poker Freeroll! freecash13 The Spam Forum 0 12-09-2006 07:06 AM
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 07:10 AM
Room and poker network Tournament Schedules xPoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 01-29-2006 05:03 AM
Contract Work indieangler The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 09-02-2005 09:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0