Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,971
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

If 3d poker didn't work, I just can't see web cam poker working. But again, I have been wrong sever times in my poker affiliate career.

Here are the 2 rooms I know of:

http://www.igamesdirect.com/

http://pharaohspokerpalace.com/
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-27-2007, 05:10 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Default

I don't think the player webcam idea is a moneymaker, however a live dealer online poker site would be interesting if it wouldn't take all day to play the hand. I could see this in the future maybe with some high stakes action. And I would imagine all those players who bitch about seeing aces flopped 40% of the time, or quads 3-4 times a night, or the miracle outs that conveniently come to the all ins to keep them in the game would probably love a live dealer poker room. But not if they are playing one hand every 5 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-27-2007, 05:49 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 512
Default

I like the idea of a live dealer more so then that of a webcam show.

I would like to see a live video feed of my hole cards from a live dealer before I would like to see my oponents on a web cam.

I would fear the suck out reaction I might give someone else would show up on an others website.

Hahah. As an affiliate though, think of the collection of videos you could generate from people's reactions to getting sucked out on. Then show these on your website. It would be great.
__________________
Poker RakeBack Offers - Stop throwing your money in the muck and start earning your rake back!

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is online now
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 491
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
http://pharaohspokerpalace.com/
Off topic, but how could you possibly expect more than 30% of people to spell that correctly?
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I remember they contacted me to sign up as an affiliate a long time ago, and I had did that on my home computer. Then I was on my laptop and had to access their website...I think I went through about 10 misspellings before resorting to google.

But hey - you say to me "Phaorohs Poker Palace", I immediately think "Webcam Poker!" *cough*
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 771
Default

I don't really like the idea. I think it would be weird and can't seeing it being hugely popular. Also, not everyone has a webcam, so what would you do to those without one?
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
If 3d poker didn't work, I just can't see web cam poker working.
I think PKR has been doing pretty well with their 3D Poker.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:59 AM
cogger cogger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 111
Default

Online poker was a new niche for players to hide their facial tells and was and still is the edge over a live table (unless you wear a ski mask), web cams don't fit the online aspect of playing. Also with no live cam dealer to boot the idiots off screen and keep moderation this would'nt fit in..... But a room that offered the cam as a optional off/on might be something to consider?!?!
__________________
World Poker Affiliates
Poker Master
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-28-2007, 02:11 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 458
Default

Okay you guys have to keep a few things in mind though:

Online poker exists because live, brick and mortar poker came first.

I don't know about you, but I enjoy aspects of BOTH kinds of poker available today.

I love online poker because I can sit in my house, play five tables and drink beers. I dont have to hear anyone talk, and I can watch TV, or listen to any music I want. Its great

I enjoy live poker because it is a completely involved experience. You go to the card room and do nothing but play cards for hours, you read people, look at faces and it is a completely different game then the online exprerience. Its slower, but night and day from sitting at your computer in the dark of your bedroom...

Webcam poker could be a completely different beast. Would your $20-$40 hold em professional online obsessed nerd be a regular customer? No. It could be a great opportunity for social poker players to get involved though.

I would say it could fall flat, or it could be a very innovative game for the not so die-hard crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-28-2007, 12:04 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 639
Default

Back in the early days sites would have a dealer present at tables. Over the chip tray it showed who was the dealer and you could chat with them.
They were not a dealer so much as it was mostly because in the early days of online poker all the software sucked and we needed support all the damn time that it was easier just to have a support agent present at the table.
I really liked it though and think it would be cool if every table did have a dealer at it. You could easily assign a dealer 6 tables to monitor and watch they could spot out collusion, abusive chat quick + they could answer general support questions too that players think of while at the table but are to lazy to email about.
I think a sites bringing that back as a feature would be a huge plus.
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0