Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default Hosting Question

I have quite a few site now, some are poker related some are not. Some of these non-poker sites are getting to the point that they need certain features that you can only find on a dedicated server.

I've upgaded to a VPS but I'm quickly outgrowing it.

I'm looking for suggestions on hosting. I was happy with a hostgator reseller plan a while back. I've been thinking about trying 1and1 but their managed server doesn't have root access (which I need).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2007, 10:02 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 277
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I've always found Hostgator great, but I know PAW has had its problems. I recommend checking out http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ as there's always a lot of discussions and more detail there.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,298
Default

I've been with these guys over 3 years now, all SEMI-managed dedicateds, Plesk or Cpanel avail.
$15 per support ticket, only when you need support!
http://www.serverbeach.com

Hosting bonus code GZMNB6GE43
Enter on signup & get $100 after 90 days hosting (play enough hands) lol

Upgrading to a dual-Opteron real soon myself.
They're a Rackspace (best in the biz) offshoot, YouTube etc.

cheers

__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2007, 02:59 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default

Ok GregK, you got it.

They give you 3 support tickets for free for "move-in" purposes, so you're not completely on your own. I think I'm gonna like SEMI-managed. I certainly like my own box for just over 100 bucks.

Just curious, what os do you use?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2007, 03:18 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,298
Default

Yeah, they rock! great co.
I hate paying $100-150mo. extra for managed, when they don't touch it for months!

I'm going cent-OS & Plesk on the new one I think?
I'd go with whatever they recommend for the Control panel you want?
Plesk or Cpanel? They mentioned cent-OS for Plesk to me.

I'm talking right now with some sys-admins, on the best setup for future expansion? clusters, load-balancing etc. Way outta my league lol
I want to be able to simply add more servers to this new one as needed.

cheers
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2007, 04:16 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default

yeah, I hope to have to worry about load-balancing one day.

I went with centOS and cpanel. I've just always used cpanel and they recommended centOS. I guess it's is basically the same as RedHat Enterprise without up2date.

Anyways, thanks for the tips, I think I'm going to be very happy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Hosting Package JamieB34 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 02-02-2007 11:31 PM
Hosting Company Move??? losercore Web Design Q&A 2 10-20-2006 11:40 AM
hosting suggestions? hyacinthgirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-22-2006 07:40 AM
Godaddy hosting Question the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-27-2006 10:27 PM
Hello // Full Tilt Conversion Question PKing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-23-2005 05:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0