Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default 3rd Annual Fantasy Football Draft

Hi Guys,


I am going to be organizing the third annual PAW Fantasy Football league. Please give me some suggestions as to what day of the week and time works best for you. Usually....8 PM EST on Sundays are good. So if you can make it Sunday August 12th at 8 PM EST let me know.

Last year was a blast, with it coming down to the wire with myself and and Corpfan, who ended up winning it all.

The entry fee was $50 lastyear, but I figured since we are all ballers we could up it to $100

Jermey and I have discussed making some prizes as well for weekly winners and such....possibly tickets to an NFL games nearest you, jerseys,hats etc. but are definitly open to any suggestions.


Football season is right around the corner with the pre-season starting next week! Hopefully we can all can decide on the best time and date run the draft on ESPN again.

Eric
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

I suggest calling the game handball because they dont use their feet. I think at least out of respect for stealing the European name of football they should at least make the ball round. Time outs and stoppages outwith injuries is for poker players not athletes. I consider wearing crash helmets makes it a sissy game. Did you know many more injuries are caused by wearing these?

I may enter if you respect the european game and call your own game "catch the ball"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 242
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc View Post
I suggest calling the game handball because they dont use their feet. I think at least out of respect for stealing the European name of football they should at least make the ball round. Time outs and stoppages outwith injuries is for poker players not athletes. I consider wearing crash helmets makes it a sissy game. Did you know many more injuries are caused by wearing these?

I may enter if you respect the european game and call your own game "catch the ball"
Dude, don't be a pompous asshole.. You or your country are no better than any other... I could point out several important differences between the American and Euro version of the game, but after you post I doubt you would understand..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyman View Post
Dude, don't be a pompous asshole.. You or your country are no better than any other... I could point out several important differences between the American and Euro version of the game, but after you post I doubt you would understand..
hehe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

One was only suggesting that the name should be altered just to suggest even a teeny weeny bit of originality.

One did not suggest that the game was the same.

One would also suggest that by stating "I doubt you would understand..", that you are being "a pompous asshole.."

hehe
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 888
Default

Ok...simmer down everyone... lets keep this on topic. Debate the name of the game in the cocktail lounge.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,324
Default

LOL....

The best day for me is Saturday, August 25th in the afternoon or evening.

I think that August 12 is WAYYYYY to early to get a decent number of people. Also, I don't think we can set it up with ESPN that fast..we have to find "open dates".

Hopefully we can get more than 6 people.

$100 sounds good.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 AM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 147
Default

I'm in for sure. Maybe I can even get Brandon to make some more juicy Barry Zitoish side bets.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
MrMcGee's Avatar
MrMcGee MrMcGee is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 143
Default

Count me in.

I think I won the first go round a couple years ago. My team was near the bottom for the bulk of the season, squeaked into the playoffs, and had 3 straight upsets to win it all.

Yep. I'm that good.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
kdollar kdollar is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 165
Default

I am in if you guys need another player.
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out the top online poke rooms and get daily online poker news.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fantasy Baseball boarderman23 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 01-05-2007 08:10 PM
Fantasy football exempt from uigea nordberg25 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-18-2006 01:38 AM
Official Fantasy Football Draft ethomps The Cocktail Lounge 31 08-30-2006 02:10 AM
PAW Fantasy Football II ethomps General Poker Affiliate Discussion 20 08-11-2006 12:06 PM
fantasy football freepp The Cocktail Lounge 2 08-08-2006 03:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0