News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 AM
JasonD JasonD is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy@Jul 28 2005, 01:03 AM
We all know content is king but does adding content to a blog versus a website give you any more benefit. It seems like blogs loaded with content are easier to gain higher search engine rankings than simple html websites. I have been able to get blogs onto the first page of google in days where it takes sites months.

Any thoughts on this from you SEO geeks.
I'm no SEO geek, but I do know that SEO spiders like the fact that blogs have a simple design - they're closer to plain text (how SEO spiders view the Net) - and are usually updated more frequently than HTML websites.

The other advantage with blogs is that each update is "pinged" to places like Technorati and other ping servers.

Therefore, each time you make a post, no less than 5 other sites on the web (sites that the SEO spiders love to visit) display your updated content.

Jason
__________________
Unleash the Better Poker Game Hidden Within You and Learn How to Crush Your Competition Right Now!

http://www.betterpokergame.com
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
jharri26 jharri26 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 38
Default

Reading the great posts and wanted to comment. I am new at creating a poker website and enjoy playing poker in moderation with friends. I started route66poker.net and am not happy with it, like someone said in a post don't try to be all poker to everyone all the time or something like that. I am having problems finding a niche with the site and would love to hear some comments. I have a blog i've started pokerbonus.blogsome.com and also agree with another post about creating too many sites. I think I am going to buckle down on onee and make it really good before I go on. Any ideas would be grreatly appreciated on www.route66poker.net niche. I picked it mainly because of the poker hand so maybe talk about playing that hand and winning if thats even possible. I do have a fair amount of online poker rooms in the directory on the site, somewhere around 80. Once again thanks for the help and the great posts by everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-12-2005, 09:30 PM
jharri26 jharri26 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 38
Default

I could really use yours guys' expert opinion. I started working on a poker site recently before starting to read all the wonderful posts here. I thought I could make a run of the mill site and make some money and after reading the great posts realize its not the right way to do it. I enjoy playing poker as a hobby and must say I am not the most experienced at it and want to create a site that is unique and not a copy of someone elses hard work. I really could use your opinions, thoughts, etc on something that might be worthy to work on. I am pretty resourceful. The current site is www.route66poker.net and I was thinking of having tournament information and a tag line like "Route 66 Poker: Your road to poker tournament success." But it seems there are already lots of sites out there with tournament, bonus information and the such and after seeing an excellent job that ajpoker has done i dont want to compete. How popular is the carribean poker? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-13-2005, 08:28 PM
deepak7 deepak7 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Draculas country
Posts: 215
Default

Does anyone know where can I buy an odds calculator for a poker website?

Like the one on pokerlistings... simple

h34r:
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-15-2005, 04:21 AM
kreutz kreutz is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by deepak7@Aug 13 2005, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know where can I buy an odds calculator for a poker website?

Like the one on pokerlistings... simple

h34r:
Go to Rent A Coder and get some bids.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-30-2005, 03:01 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is online now
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 334
Default

I think a great way to begin writing poker content is to pick a topic that people are talking about in the poker forums and put your opinion and twist on it.

Take Care,

Mark
Focal Click
Caribbean Sun Poker
__________________
Focalclick
Sunpoker.com - 100 WSOP packages now available - OneSickPromo - $500 CPA offers.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0