News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:50 PM
pokermonger pokermonger is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Microsoft Word has a grammar check, but it's not very good. It just catches the big mistakes. When I write, I simply read it out loud when I am done and if it sounds good, then it's usually good enough for web content. When I write for print publication, I take another step and have my wife read it as she is much better at editing than me and the correct usage of grammar is more important.
__________________
Pokermonger

Online Slots
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

I think you have to give people what they want.
At the moment we have WSOP going.
One site that get a lot of trafic during this event is:

Tao of Poker

He is covering the WSOP event LIVE!
Sitting at the rails doing a live update from the WSOP at his blog.
I do not know if this converts to many new sign-ups, but he sure is getting a lot of trafic.
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That's Pauly's blog. He does one helluva nice job blogging about poker. It's probably right up there with Iggy's blog as one of the top poker blogs online, in fact. I have no idea what kind of traffic those guys are pulling, or what kind of revenue they're making from signups, but I'd imagine it's significant.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2005, 03:15 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,229
Default

Tao is a great site, and an example of what you have to do to be a solid, respected site. World hard and work smart.

"I've been busting my ass for five weeks..." beats sitting on your ass doing not much.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2005, 09:01 PM
daniels25 daniels25 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 152
Default

Tao Poker is just reporting the same stuff that cardplayer is. Only a few minutes AFTER cardplayer has.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:33 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 894
Default

The next big one, my live feed will be first!

Got held up on a few other things or I'd be there reporting now
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-09-2005, 09:29 PM
DukePoker DukePoker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 31
Default

Finding a specific niche is very important, however you still need to have content. As we all have heard 100000 times, content is King. There are so many examples of finding a niche, suchn as Jeremy's PokerBulls site.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Cashmirrors Cashmirrors is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by daniels25@Jul 7 2005, 09:01 PM
Tao Poker is just reporting the same stuff that cardplayer is. Only a few minutes AFTER cardplayer has.
Tao of poker is also one guy with a laptop. Cardplayer have several correspondants. I'm stunned at the amount of writing / coverage Pauly gets done (he's also getting articles on Fox Sports and a couple other places).

I know Pauly a bit, and I think I have a decent idea how much he's making from signups. It's almost certainly not as much as you think, and definately not a good ROI for the amount of busting his ass he has done to create one of the top three poker blogs on the internet. But then the point of most blogs (clever gimmick ones excepted) is not affiliate revenue.

The new editions of MS Word have pretty good grammar checkers - especially for homophones (sound alike words like "no" and "know" or "your" and "you're" that people seem to constantly screw up). It's obviously no substitute for a decent human editor but defiantely helps.
__________________
http://www.buyaffiliatewebsites.com
http://www.buildaffiliatewebsites.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2005, 06:02 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,229
Default

Tao reports mostly completely different stuff than Cardplayer, aside from the obvious bustouts. Pauly is a trooper, with a body of work that puts almost everybody to shame. His lust of the day is fun to keep track of too.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We all know content is king but does adding content to a blog versus a website give you any more benefit. It seems like blogs loaded with content are easier to gain higher search engine rankings than simple html websites. I have been able to get blogs onto the first page of google in days where it takes sites months.

Any thoughts on this from you SEO geeks.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0