Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
haynesey haynesey is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 558
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default 1500 uniques, what should i "expect"?

I have a poker blog getting 1500 uniques a month. and growing fairly rapidly. As of yet with the main site im pushing (Carbon) i havent even got 1 Real Money Player, from over 300 clicks, i have had 3 PMP but no RMP.

Should i be "expecting" more?
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Default

1 question, 1 possible answer.

My question is, why is Carbon your #1 on that blog?

My answer is (for me anyway) it's waaayyy more difficult to send RMP's to sites that aren't mainstream. I offer PokerHost on my main site, they have a ginormous bonus, and RMP's are extremely difficult to come by. I even tried a big 'feature' on PokerHost in the most prominent area of my site, everyone bypassed it and kept going to FTP, UB, and so on. 300 clicks should have translated into some RMP's, so there's a reason your visitors aren't signing up. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel here, I would just go with a tried and true and forget about it. I don't know about everyone else, but the more I send players to UB and Absolute, the happier my eWallet is .

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2007, 06:16 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 278
Default player values too

hi

personally I like poker.com / carbon alot as a site to play on -

its a bit quiet and the SnG's are really dead but I think it's not just that it's a small site - the cash games are where the games are

I think smaller sites you promote need to be promoted as benefit IS that it's a small site

the problem I've found is its a site that attracts freerollers and therefore the rake is not that high for the amount of players - you might get a similar number of sign-ups but on average they dont rake a comparable amount to players on other sites

just my 2p

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2007, 12:21 PM
bg bg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 59
Default

1500 uniques a month should get you a player or two. You should have blogs that are directing people to your affiliates. You should have as many options as possible so the conversion rate is higher - more sites.

It is a good start.

PM me if you want more content and bloggers for your site, I have a good solution.

BG
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,291
Default

How are people getting to your site?

If they are searching for "what poker rooms should I play at" Then yes I would expect a lot of sign ups. If they are searching for "Phil Ivey Bio" I would figure 0 sign ups.

You need to determine your key phrases and how people get to your site.

For example if these hits really were from "Carbon Poker Bonus Code" I would expect dozens of PMP's at least.

Traffic means very little in this industry unless it is targeted. I'm pretty sure I have never had someone search for "What is a calling station" (Get this hit about 5 times a week) and then read my Calling Station article and click on the damn Poker Stars banner that is in there. It's just not happening. I don't expect it to. I have this content for SEO only at theis point and hope that a few people will see some crazy offer they can;t refuse or browse around my sites or go back one day when they are signing up for a new room.

You need to target the traffic to make results.

BG is right. 1500 uniques is ok and should be at least 1 or 2 players a month. But look at where and how they are getting to your blog.

Also I would try Stars or Full Tilt as your main site. Small sites are only good if you are targeting these sites correctly.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-28-2007, 12:35 PM
haynesey haynesey is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 558
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

Traffic is not from SE's apart from the occasional "online poker blog" search, which i rank second page for.

Traffic's from link exchanges and type in traffic, probably from people talking about the blog with other people.

Will try to add different banners and vary the banners a little.

Thanks for the tips.
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Traffic is not from SE's
This makes more since. I would expect very few, if any, RMP's.

I really don;t think anyone is clicking banners to go sign up for poker rooms these days. Really, no one.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 269
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

It also depends how you promote the site too. For example if promoting Carbon Poker / Poker.com - I'd be focusing on the fact that it's a less-used site, but with a ton of fish....this can appeal to a lot of players because its like "Oh man, not many 'sharks' but a lot of fish! I gotta play here while I can!"
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,382
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I don't know with Carbon. I have had 140+ hits for keywords in 3 weeks

Carbon Poker,

Carbon Poker bonus

Carbon Poker bonus codes

Carbon codes

you get the idea and my stats are so pathetic. I think unless you find a player who absoloutly falls in love with them they don't stay. A one time player does not pan out like you hope it will. I think there has to be nore to offer than just look at all the fish.......some big games or huge promos that don't include a freeroll that everyone under the sun has access to.

Just my thoughts!
__________________

_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
80 uniques a day edmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 06-03-2007 06:14 PM
PokerStars Monthly $2500 Freerolls Jeremy PokerStars.com 3 05-21-2007 11:13 AM
Some advertising space available on DeuceAce, Flop or Fold and others - John D Buy & Sell Advertising 9 04-18-2007 11:11 AM
Sitewide text link on poker forum - Only $9.95/month - 5000+ uniques John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 09-03-2006 07:02 PM
Selling top earner, 4250 uniques in june, 1000 backlinks, absolute steal Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 13 07-24-2006 08:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0