Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,949
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Online Gambling / Porn Comparisons

Nothing pisses me off more than when I see the general internet marketing community comparing gambling webmasters, especially poker webmasters to porn sites and pharmacy pushers. ******venting in progress******

In any industry there is going to be spammers and blackhatters. In the poker market however the amount of spam is actually quite minimal. I can't remember the last time I got a spam email from an affiliate pushing one of the bigger rooms. I do receive a smaller amount of spam for casinos unfortuantely, but nowhere even remotely close to how much I get for porn and pharmacy.

It really is a shame too. The most talented affiliates in the online gaming market are way more knowledgeable than many of the other top dogs in the various other industries. Likewise if you look at the amount of professionalism here, it is evident that this market is just as legitimate as any other affiliate market.

It is really too bad that poker webmasters get lumped into this stereotype of all being blackhat spammers like the porn and pharmacy guys do.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 211
Default

Spot on!
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:02 PM
JohnH's Avatar
JohnH JohnH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 134
Default

I hardly ever get poker spam, but I do get pharmacy spam. The most annoying is the 419 scam (The one involving someone who has inhereted a fortune and needs your help/money to claim it). I stumbled across a hilarious website http://www.419eater.com , and I have been working on a little "scambaiting" myself. HEHE
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Poker Articles
Heads Up Poker
My Blog - Link Exchanges Wanted
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:05 PM
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 411
Default

I just want to know how all of those pharmacy sites knew I had a small penis??

Agreed it is frustrating to see us lumped in the same boat.
__________________
J S

Poker League Software - Easily create and update a leaderboard for your league!

Learn to Deal Poker like a Pro - an online training course for poker dealers.

How to Run Poker Tournaments - an online training course for poker tournament directors.

Poker Directory - list your quality poker site.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 483
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J S View Post
I just want to know how all of those pharmacy sites knew I had a small penis??
LOL That just made my day
__________________
JustinGoff.com

I'll do the Elgin Marbles with a sledgehammer and wipe my ass with the Mona Lisa. This is my world now.


NEW GOAL - $500 per day by November 19th, 2007
June - $142.87 per day
July - $163.97 per day

August - $139.15 per day

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2007, 04:19 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 278
Default

Has anyone else seen a hige increase in that 419 scam (the one about claiming a deceased person's forutne) lately? I dont think I ever had any of them before but since about 4/5 weeks ago my spam mail box has been packed with them. Either that or the number of rich distant relatives living in Jamaica dying is on the increase.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 628
Default

Ditto, I get like 20 of those a day now and only got a few per week previous to a month or two ago.
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J S View Post
I just want to know how all of those pharmacy sites knew I had a small penis??

Agreed it is frustrating to see us lumped in the same boat.
Sorry, Dropped your name instead of mine when i purchased my Viagra tabs.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokerBank View Post
Has anyone else seen a hige increase in that 419 scam (the one about claiming a deceased person's forutne) lately? I dont think I ever had any of them before but since about 4/5 weeks ago my spam mail box has been packed with them. Either that or the number of rich distant relatives living in Jamaica dying is on the increase.
At least 30-40 of these a day, on top of the penial enlargement spams. The only casino spam I get is from some guy named "Jared Hopkins" pushing something called myluckycasino. All started about 2 months ago...it's terrible.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-26-2007, 07:46 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I thought these all came from directories selling email lists.

Since I did a huge amount of submissions about a month ago I have won probably close to a billion dollars through the UK lottery...viagra for my non exsistant penis (don't worry J S at least you have one that's all that really matters anyway)...and of course all those needing help getting out of their country.

I just chopped it up to the directories making a few bucks with databases.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 09:33 PM
Online Gambling Hedges Its U.S. Bets Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-23-2006 03:02 AM
Legality/popularity of online gambling in various countries? jacquelinepassey General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 08-17-2006 06:13 PM
LA Times Editorial: Legalize online gambling Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 06-15-2006 08:56 PM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0