Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J S View Post
I just want to know how all of those pharmacy sites knew I had a small penis??

Agreed it is frustrating to see us lumped in the same boat.
LOL...Self-humiliation is the best form of humor... that was great
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
robertphillips robertphillips is offline
Robert Phillips
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cincinnati ohio
Posts: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to robertphillips Send a message via Skype™ to robertphillips
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Nothing pisses me off more than when I see the general internet marketing community comparing gambling webmasters, especially poker webmasters to porn sites and pharmacy pushers. ******venting in progress******

In any industry there is going to be spammers and blackhatters. In the poker market however the amount of spam is actually quite minimal. I can't remember the last time I got a spam email from an affiliate pushing one of the bigger rooms. I do receive a smaller amount of spam for casinos unfortuantely, but nowhere even remotely close to how much I get for porn and pharmacy.

It really is a shame too. The most talented affiliates in the online gaming market are way more knowledgeable than many of the other top dogs in the various other industries. Likewise if you look at the amount of professionalism here, it is evident that this market is just as legitimate as any other affiliate market.

It is really too bad that poker webmasters get lumped into this stereotype of all being blackhat spammers like the porn and pharmacy guys do.
Your right on the spot on this one I use to promote online poker in network sites all the time and was black listed by alot of people

Alot of people just dont like gambling in general I had to remove my poker site from my sig because of it

I do also market other things didnt want the hang up about it
__________________
"Discover How A New Idea Combining
Online Gaming, Network Marketing, and
Social Networking Will Help You Make Loads
Of Cash Just For Playing Online Skill Based
Games With Friends!"
http://www.greathomebusiness.ws
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 203
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

I've been getting tons of those emails too.. Just started a few weeks ago also..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-30-2007, 02:33 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 115
Default

I'm not bothered at all by any misconceptions others may have of me or my business. I fully understand what everyone is talking about here, it's just that people who don't matter to me...don't matter to me. Every business has it's challenges, and in ours this is a challenge that many webmasters aren't willing to take on. I'm thankful for that as the competition is fierce enough as it is. Let others continue to spread such garbage about our industry, we should encourage it as to ensure that we keep it ours. When it comes to people I come into direct contact with, I take special pleasure in telling conservative types that this is what I do, and that I'm proud of it. It wouldn't be fun for me if I came across as a degenerate, but people don't expect it from me and it gives me the opportunity to show them that it's okay for 'normal' people to play a little poker. To webmasters who to put us down I say "you're right, it's a dirty, filthy business that you should stay away from". When everything changes in the next year or two, we'll be the ones getting rich, while the rest will be wondering why they didn't see the light.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 09:33 PM
Online Gambling Hedges Its U.S. Bets Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-23-2006 03:02 AM
Legality/popularity of online gambling in various countries? jacquelinepassey General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 08-17-2006 06:13 PM
LA Times Editorial: Legalize online gambling Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 06-15-2006 08:56 PM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0