Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 AM
kaus's Avatar
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 946
Default

I wouldnt say you were wrong...more like misled. I think if you can get the money back since obviously he is not going to give you the support you need to get it off the ground as you like, I would invest it in alance or another designer.

I know he boasts about his php capabilities which is great, but that has to come with some kind of appeal to it to. You never know maybe someone around here can help you out a little once you get thei over with

I am PMing you with something. I have an idea for you just from reading about what your goal was. I can not use it and I think it could work for you. I am done with a forum for now until my site starts to kick ass at some point lol but I will share with you.

Dont worry about him I do believe what goes around comes around, and thanks for the comments. I have many frustrating days but it takes just one signup and I am back where I want to be with enthusiasim.
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 06-02-2007, 01:58 AM
geoffvro's Avatar
geoffvro geoffvro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 77
Default

I would reccomend that if you want to allow a designer to setup shop on your server that you provide a seperate ftp account that only grants access to a new directory and not your root. Also setup a new database user, and only grant privelages to the database for those sites.

Unfortunately the registrar won't transfer the domain without approval from the current owner to prevent reverse domain hijacking. Your only recourse is to hope this guy pulls his head out of ass (ASSHAT). Personally, I'd be asking for a refund.

Speaking of refund.. since you paid with PAYPAL, can't you just file a complaint and get your money back

as always, just my two cents
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

With paypal I got jacked for 5 ipods last year from a fraudulent user on ebay. I think the only way they can recoup your money is if the other party has the money in their paypal account.

Paypal sucks, it was a debacle, and I never got my money back.

Hopefully Scrappy will man up and do the right thing.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 06-02-2007, 08:38 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 396
Default Money long gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
With paypal I got jacked for 5 ipods last year from a fraudulent user on ebay. I think the only way they can recoup your money is if the other party has the money in their paypal account.

Paypal sucks, it was a debacle, and I never got my money back.

Hopefully Scrappy will man up and do the right thing.
Paypal has a special refund program for stuff bought on eBay.
For any complaints, you have to file within 45 days of the transaction.

I have asked repeatedly for a refund....was willing to take 50% loss.

He obviously does not have the money....no solvent businessman would do this, this way.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I have banned Scrappy from this forum as he didn't respond to my PM's or emails either. Furthermore any guy who is going to start a site called pokerforbitches.com, I probably don't want here anyways..... I imagine our female mebers might be a bit offended.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 618
Default

hmmmm, so my new idea SexyPokerSluts.com probably wouldnt go over well either...lol j/k. Keep us updated xpert, you know women like to gossip. Good luck getting ur $$$
__________________
Omaha Hi Strategy
Omaha Hi-Lo Strategy
Best Omaha Poker Sites

Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 135
Default

Those websites that the OP is linking to are the ugliest websites I have ever seen. What were you thinking buying those?!
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonuses
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 396
Default when Pigs Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
hmmmm, so my new idea SexyPokerSluts.com probably wouldnt go over well either...lol j/k. Keep us updated xpert, you know women like to gossip. Good luck getting ur $$$
I will never get any money, NPG.
It is undoubtedly long spent.

He has contacted me, but still is ignoring the necessity of transferring the files of the sites to me...even just giving me FTP access.

I would be shite out of luck if he died tomorrow, would never get my files, and would never get HIS ads off of MY sites.

He still has all of his own affiliate IDs in the ads, and is siphoning whatever traffic happens along to his own site and freerolls.

Management here suggested that I contact all of his affiliate managers.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM
kaus's Avatar
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 946
Default

I couldnt agree more and I think he may already be in some hot water with Carbon /Poker.com as his post for members have now been deleted and retracted.
Reply With Quote
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 807
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

.
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"

Last edited by edmc : 06-16-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AbsolutePoker Screen Names for Tournament Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 60 04-14-2007 01:16 AM
Trademark rights and Domain Names? xpertadvice4u Web Design Q&A 2 02-19-2007 08:32 PM
What to do with unused domain names the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-03-2006 04:41 PM
Domain Names the real estate of 2006? gumbajohnny The Cocktail Lounge 0 04-15-2006 10:15 AM
confusion about domain names absentx General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 03-10-2005 02:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0