Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 01-09-2006, 01:12 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,259
Default

Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys know who buy stuff on ebay to watch out. The latest scam is for the scammers to check the bid history after it ends. They then send a bogus email letting you get in on a second chance offer. The email comes from a bogus email but its really from the scammer.

I cant figure out how they do that. Its the actual email address from ebay but its not?

Just thought I'd let you know. It costed my brother a $1000 for a camera.

Later
R
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2006, 02:44 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Its fairly simple to spoof an email addy, thanks for the heads-up.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Moving to the Cocktail Lounge.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2006, 07:22 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

Hi Hour,

I know that there is a program that makes the e-mail from the sender appear as something else for example someone with the e-mail could send you an e-mail like this Ebay scam and it would appear as Ebay's second chance e-mail address.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2006, 12:33 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,259
Default

Yeah thats probably the same thing. I get them all the time from paypal, ebay, and a couple other sites trying to steal my personal info and credit info.

I wish we could just line these people and plow them down with a machine gun. I hate people that intentionally rip others off like that.

I was watching this thing on the news where this guy was ripping off people who were dying from cancer. Unbelievable. It makes me so mad.

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WARNING: MoneyBookers /ePassPorte Scam! adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 12 01-18-2007 11:18 PM
Ebay affiliating psmoney General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-22-2006 07:25 AM
Unwired Buyer - cool eBay service (unique affiliate approach) stasther The Cocktail Lounge 0 08-16-2006 02:07 PM
EBAY questions absentx The Cocktail Lounge 15 03-02-2006 12:42 AM
Ebay scam of the year...... Jeremy The Cocktail Lounge 4 01-05-2006 09:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0