Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #21  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 PM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 186
Default

I have a 32" in my bedroom and I think that is a great size. I would say 42" is the sweet spot for a living room.
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out the top online poke rooms and get daily online poker news.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,404
Default

Cmon....go big or go home.

My next TV will be a minimum of 60".

How much does a 60 LCD run? Do they have them yet?

Any ideas for some good value here?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 AM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 162
Default

wow, I can't belive everyone is coming down so hard on Plasma. I have a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma and I'm thrilled with it. I think I get a much better picture then the LCDs I've seen. It is only 1080i though, so if that matters to you I would definitely go with an LCD as the 1080p plasmas are still crazy expensive.

If you are comparing 1080i tvs, the only negative I have for the plasma is that you can get a glare that you won't get from an LCD, so it just depends where you plan on putting it and whether there is a lot of natural light coming in from the window that will hit the TV. For me, I get a glare in the morning (if I don't shut the blinds), but since I'm really watching TV in the morning this isn't really a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Aidan's Avatar
Aidan Aidan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 280
Default

I had enough room that I didn't care if I got a flat screen. So I ended up basically the most expensive LCD rear-projection screen that I could find and its been great. But its really important to get the matching stand!

In regards to a 32inch for a living room, that is NOT big enough, at least go with a 42. Like Corp says, Go Big or Go Home. Its awesome when people come over and go "Big enough TV man?"

Here is what I picked up and I would recommend it.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/pro..._60XBR2-f.jpeg
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
PFO PFO is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 123
Default

I would buy a 50" Panasonic or Pioneer Plasma TV. Better picture quality than an LCD plus you will save over $1000, which could be used for a nice sound system.
__________________
Find information on Carbon Poker Freerolls and BoDog Freerolls at the highest ranking freeroll site.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,236
Default

Theres a reason Plasmas are so cheap.
It was the Beta vs VHS wars all over again, whole industry went w/beta & is back peddling like a mofo now

Make sure you compare side by side & let your eyes decide.
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any opinions of all the WTO news? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-21-2007 04:08 AM
Brand New Pioneer Avic Z1 And D3 For 520usd And Nokia N95 For 250usd mobileworld2 The Spam Forum 1 05-28-2007 08:17 PM
Instadebit - opinions? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-23-2007 12:17 PM
GamingCrunch - Opinions on my Site? GCrunch New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 02-05-2007 08:05 PM
Opinions on these domain names: AceHigh Pino General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 01-10-2007 03:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0