Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Is this normal for AM's/Marketing

I just got a phone call from a marketer for Cpays (CD Poker etc) at midnight wanting to tell me about a fantastic promo they are releasing.

First off do you guys get calls at any time of the day? This guy was unbelievable. I told him what time it was he says oh I'm sorry so I told him I was letting him go. Persisting he says" Well since your on the line anyway I want to discuss something with you. Figuring it may be important I said ok. He rambles about a promo.

I couldnt believe it, not like it was one that wouldnt wait till another time of the day or better yet an email.

Is this normal for marketing staff of affiliate programs to call whenever?
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2007, 12:12 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 874
Default

I have never received a call from an AM (other than Jeremy who is always calling and asking me to give him some pointers on being an affiliate j/k) ...that is very shitty, I would make a formal complaint to see that it never happens again.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Well I mean its not as if I would be sleeping anyway...lol not till 3 or 4 but thats besides the point what if I did.

In all honesty I think they should know roughly what time it is since they know I am in Canada.......

But that wasnt even what pissed me off, it was teh lack of consideration he displayed.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

It coulda been worse, he could've turned the convo to phone sex or something....
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 944
Default

Jeez, that's sick.. I would never work with a AM if he rang me in the middle of the night. Sure it wasn't a prank call from some drunken friends?

You don't make calls after 9PM, that's common decency.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

I've dealt with CasinoPays in the past. It's like dealing with an incredible persistent salesman who puts his foot in the door after you've politely asked him to leave. I would say that's not typical of most programs, but it sure is typical of CasinoPays.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHigh Pino View Post
It coulda been worse, he could've turned the convo to phone sex or something....
LMAO

No bahh it wouldnt be any friends, the conversation started with him introducing himself as so and so from Cpays...none of my friends would even know who CPays is.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titan Poker - withdrawals taking longer than normal? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 09-07-2007 10:29 AM
Is this normal? 3jokers General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-01-2007 09:09 AM
The NFL, good to see this year is going to be normal absentx The Cocktail Lounge 6 11-11-2006 02:13 AM
Does my site look normal to you? the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 04-07-2006 12:32 PM
This normal stats for Paradise SmackDog General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 10-26-2005 08:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0